OmniPL Setup with Pentair Intellibrite 5G Color Lights

BruceBrown

Oct 26, 2023
Florida
I am very unclear what to choose for adding the Pentair Intellibrite 5G Color Lights to the OmniPL (I installed the upgrade kit from Aqua Logic).

Choices are: UCL, CL4.0, CL 2.5, Incandescent and Other (see attached)

Also, I have Solar on the Pool with a Hayward VSP. All works great, except I have the schedule set up to run at 90% for 4 hours with Solar ON, and then at 60% for a few hours, but see no way to turn off the solar as part of the schedule, at 60% with solar on, I think it struggles to push the water through the solar so it has lots of air bubbles in the pool returns. Should be a way to schedule heat to come on and off (note: pool is not to set temp). In the warm months, with aqua logic, if at temp and it went to low speed mode, solar would close, if not at temp and low speed mode,, solar would open and it would automatically kick to higher speed.

Seems like right now you can have heat on, or off, but can't schedule it to come on or off based on your desires (i.e. close solar for lower speed mode).

Last question: In the Hayward OmniPL Menu under Heat/Cool: Setpoint Temperature shows MAIN and SOLAR. I have gas heat for Spa only and Solar for the Pool, set in Heat Mode Only, Priority for both set to 0. Is the "setpoint" the temperature that I want the water heated to when the Gas (Spa) or Solar (Pool) are on, or are the two slides the temperature to turn on (left slide) and turn off (right slide)?

Thank you

Attachments

• A10131FE-5DEF-47A0-8548-2A70E4A85283.jpeg
    A10131FE-5DEF-47A0-8548-2A70E4A85283.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum!
Sorry you have not had any responses. Not a lot of active members have Hayward automation. Let's see if this bump helps get you some responses.

Make sure your Omni is up to date with the latest software. Current revision is 4.08.

I assume that the manual is not up to date with the current firmware. When you get into the config menu to set up your lights, you'll have an option for "P-series" and that is what will allow you to control the Pentair lights.

Regarding the solar, I suggest that you don't schedule it. Just toggle it on during the times of year you want it heated and toggle it off when you don't want it heated. Make sure the solar has a minimum speed tied to it so that the pump ramps up when there is a call for solar.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMerrill
Make sure your Omni is up to date with the latest software. Current revision is 4.08.

I assume that the manual is not up to date with the current firmware. When you get into the config menu to set up your lights, you'll have an option for "P-series" and that is what will allow you to control the Pentair lights.

Regarding the solar, I suggest that you don't schedule it. Just toggle it on during the times of year you want it heated and toggle it off when you don't want it heated. Make sure the solar has a minimum speed tied to it so that the pump ramps up when there is a call for solar.
Thanks. I got the light working, firmware seems up to date. Thanks for the advice on the I guess it makes sense but seems like the 17 year old automation system had more functionality and control over the solar than the OmniPL has. tks

The Omni platform gives the most control and flexibility of any of the big 3 automation systems. The difference is that there is no pre-programmed logic in the Omni and you are the one that tells it what to do. Getting them right can take a bit if you don't have someone on site who is familiar with the system. Keep tinkering with it and you will be able to get it to do what you want.

I found this thread looking for this exact topic. I bought a OmniPL Retrofit kit and have the Pentair Intellibrite lights. From reading the above, it sounds like there is actually an undocumented option for P-Series for light type that will operate Pentair lights. Any other settings beyond this that I should be aware of? Does this allow for selecting a color and the controller cycles the power automatically?