OmniLogic Not Detecting TriStar VS900 HUA

Jul 23, 2017
Merrimack
Took the cover off my pool yesterday to fire up the pump. Powered up the Omnilogic panel and the pump. Pump is wired/controlled by the Omnilogic. Pump not working. Panel showed an alarm – “VSP Comm Loss-HNA:2 NODEID: 2071”. Went through Config. HUA was listed. MSP and MP were older revisions. Updated them. Powered everything back up. Same alarm. Entered service mode. Saw that I could clear the alarm and did that. Still, pump not working. Rechecked HUA. Now it’s not listed. Power cycled everything. No luck, HUA still not detected. Isolated the pump from the panel to operate as a standalone including reconnecting the pump display board to the drive low voltage RS485 connector. Display did not power up. Checked for 12v at the RS485. Nothing. There is 240 volts at the pump. I checked everything else I could think of. Replaced the battery on the pump display board, all LED’s on the Omnilogic PC board working as they should. Checked all fuses. Everything worked at the end of last season when I powered it down for the winter. I’m at a loss. I’m thinking the pump is gone but want to hear if there could be anything else. Thoughts? Ideas? TIA.

Reactions: Angie65
Thanks for the reply. That was one of the things I checked. All seemed tight before I disconnected it to isolate the pump from the panel. I'll reconnect everything again for one last shot before I call Hayward tomorrow for some assistance.

Called Hayward Technical Services. First woman I spoke to was no help. I explained my problem and the steps I took troubleshoot it. She told me I had to speak to a local authorized service center and sent me a link to their search page. I then got another call from Tech Services. Not sure why but I went through my story again. She explained that she was not a tech and their techs were unavailable. She took my info and a description of my problem and forwarded it to a tech. I'm to get a call within 24-48 hours.

Took the cover off my pool yesterday to fire up the pump. Powered up the Omnilogic panel and the pump. Pump is wired/controlled by the Omnilogic. Pump not working. Panel showed an alarm – “VSP Comm Loss-HNA:2 NODEID: 2071”. Went through Config. HUA was listed. MSP and MP were older revisions. Updated them. Powered everything back up. Same alarm. Entered service mode. Saw that I could clear the alarm and did that. Still, pump not working. Rechecked HUA. Now it’s not listed. Power cycled everything. No luck, HUA still not detected. Isolated the pump from the panel to operate as a standalone including reconnecting the pump display board to the drive low voltage RS485 connector. Display did not power up. Checked for 12v at the RS485. Nothing. There is 240 volts at the pump. I checked everything else I could think of. Replaced the battery on the pump display board, all LED’s on the Omnilogic PC board working as they should. Checked all fuses. Everything worked at the end of last season when I powered it down for the winter. I’m at a loss. I’m thinking the pump is gone but want to hear if there could be anything else. Thoughts? Ideas? TIA.
I am having the same issue. How did you fixed it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.