Omnilogic - is there a way to change pump speed on a schedule without having it re-prime?

SoDel

May 27, 2022
Coastal Sussex Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Need help from the hive mind here (and have to admit being lazy so I’m just asking instead of trying a bunch of things :)).

Here’s what I want the pad to do: at 07:00, prime and run pump on medium. At 19:00, switch to low speed but WITHOUT priming. At 07:00, prime and run pump on medium. Ad infinitum.

Is there an easy / foolproof way to do this? Thanks!

If the pump turns "off," it will go into priming mode each time it restarts. If it just changes speeds while running, it should not go into prime mode.
So I should overlap the schedules at the change from medium to low? I have found the thing to be kind of generally “squirelly” when it comes to schedules (and themes) so I don’t know what will happen if I do that o_O.

First, which Hayward pump do you have?

Second, and this is just an example, if you run speed 2 from 7:00am to 12:00pm and speed 3 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm, the pump should just change speeds without turning off and then having to start in priming mode again. The signal from the OmniLogic should be "change speed" not "stop then start again."

Reactions: twillux
First, which Hayward pump do you have?

Second, and this is just an example, if you run speed 2 from 7:00am to 12:00pm and speed 3 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm, the pump should just change speeds without turning off and then having to start in priming mode again. The signal from the OmniLogic should be "change speed" not "stop then start again."
This is exactly how to do it; I run my VSP for 12 hours a day, 7am to 7pm, and vary the speed several times throughout that window. Just make sure that the schedule end and next starting time are at the exact same minute and second, and the pump will just change speed without turning off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.