Omnilogic and low voltage connection to VSP

Oct 11, 2017
Blue Springs
Hi All - I contacted Hayward support and they were no help and actually stated that they couldn't help with connection (elec.) questions. Hope someone here can help, here goes:

I’m wondering where the communication wires get connected in the OmniLogic panel? See pic below for what I’m looking for, I either connect to #1 or #2 or are they both the same and I can connect to either or?

Omnilogic-I.jpg

Omnilogic manual says to see the VSP manual for low voltage control wiring and the VSP manual shows where to connect to a prologic system but nothing for omnilogic. looking back at the Omnilogic manual and it says to connect the low voltage to the Low Speed (LS) Bus.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

They are the same. Connect to either.

COMBUS 7 in the pump connects to terminal 2 on the green plug in the Omnilogic. COMBUS 8 in the pump connects to terminal 3 on the green plug in the Omnilogic.

Hey James - update, I verified that 8 was to 3 and 7 was to 2 and that the ECOSTAR VSP 3400 is set to Standby\Hayward but still no HUA on the Omnilogic. I read in another post from 2015 that some of the older models of the ECO's are not comparable with the Omni. Both the Omni and Eco were purchased new in Aug of this year, thoughts?

Hi James - I wanted to update this with the fix, in case anyone else runs into this issue. LS bus connections are numbered right to left 4, 3, 2, 1 not 1, 2, 3, 4. Flipping the LS wiring coming from the pump solved the issue, HUA address appears in Omni now.

Thanks for the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
H-Rock,

"Both the Omni and Eco were purchased new in Aug of this year, thoughts?"

Did you buy these on your own or other? If so, did you know that there were non-Hayward support issues re omin-log & Eco? The reason I'm stating this is bc if you just bought these products and Hayward was not giving you support, is it bc they don't support this or did not want to help you bc you are not "a Hayward Authorized Rep"? I'm trying to determine your warranty options here, but if you did the install anyway, Hayward will not honor it, much less if you wired something on a product they wouldn't support.

The main reason I'm stating this is bc if you installed a Hayward 3200 VSP Ecostar, I'm on my 3rd one [all under warranty in 2.5 yrs] including 2-3 controllers too, and it would have cost me $4-5,000 by now. If you're using the Omni-logic, are you trying to use the automation on it to program your VSP or for other reasons?

Lastly, if you did install the VSP, do you know what type, make & model breaker that your pump is connected to in the panel?

Good luck, tstex

Hi James - I wanted to update this with the fix, in case anyone else runs into this issue. LS bus connections are numbered right to left 4, 3, 2, 1 not 1, 2, 3, 4. Flipping the LS wiring coming from the pump solved the issue, HUA address appears in Omni now.

Thanks for the help!

Hey Todd, I have the Ecostar and Omnilogic as well. I believe I wired it correctly and the Omnilogic recognized the HUA address, but when I turn on the pump via Omnilogic, nothing happens. After you got Omnilogic to recognize the HUA address were you then able to turn the pump on with the Omnilogic? I can't figure out what I could be doing wrong since the wiring is the same as you described, 7 to 2 and 8 to 3 on the LS bus connection.

Good call Jeremy, way to go!

Keep us posted if you get dropped.

On a side note, you brought up a good point about if you lose power and would it drop the pumps recognition. So, at least you will know, you might want to flip the breaker that services your pool panel, leave it off for 30min to an hr, flip back on and see if your pump still stays connected. It'd be good to know bc if you were traveling, at least you know you need someone to Ck on your pool. I have to do the same thing bc of the EcoStars proclivity for failures.

Again, hope it wks for you and post back if there are any issues

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.