Omni PL Upgrade Kit Hayward Automation

Update: bought it and installed it and it's awesome! It was super easy to swap. I had to spend some extra time because of making a new cable to place the display where I wanted, where there was already some wiring for an old display. Scheduling options are so much more flexible, and of course the ability to control everything from my phone is worth the price! Oddly, my lights used to only swap between purple and blue when doing a fast on/off cycle, but now they're slowly changing between all colors! I have no idea what kind of lights I have though, and it's a little harder to do an on/off cycle quickly without physical buttons. Anyway, if you're sitting on an old Aqualogic, I highly recommend grabbing one of these before they disappear!
How far where you able to extend the cable? what size cable and how many wires?

Just for reference I am currently deaing with Hayward Engineering on the issue of my 20AMP OmniPL PCB blowing. They believe its to do with my old ProLogic Transformer.

They are shipping me a replacement and the part number is HLX-TRNSFMR

It is apparently designed for the OmniPL PCB

I tried to find one and its very hard to source, most online stores are "Out of Stock"

How far where you able to extend the cable? what size cable and how many wires?
The cable that comes with it is 15 feet. I didn't extend the existing one, I replaced it completely with wiring that was already run through the walls from my pump area to the spot I wanted the box. The distance is actually way less than 15 feet. I believe it was 6 wires, very small like 22 AWG or so.

Reactions: LMacias
Installed the new OmniLogic Transformer that Hayward shipped and so far no 20AMP fuse blowing. Fingers crossed it was the old ProLogic transformer that caused the issues.....Updates to follow.

Update: Three days now WTHOUT any fuses blowing on the board.........very happy as I was replacing fuses multiple times a week.

Guys with fuses blowing just be aware of the Transformer issue with older ProLogic Transformers.

Would this apply to Aqualogic also? (Not Prologic) I have a Goldline branded PS-8
I don't know the answer to that as I have never had AquaLogic controls so I don't want to give you bad info.

I would call the Hayward Tech Support line and speak to one the reps.

Remember to push #2 when the automated phone support line asks are you a consumer push #1 or a pool professional push #2

Have your Aqualogic system model & serial number ready, its found on the cabinet door inside.

Its been a month now and no blown fuses so it was definitely the fix.

Reactions: geepmaley
Would this apply to Aqualogic also? (Not Prologic) I have a Goldline branded PS-8
I upgraded from the AquaLogic last spring (Mar 2023) and didn't have any issues all summer. Install was easy but time consuming. This may have been partly because I was taking lots of pictures to document the process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support