omg I did it.

Lilypad, your signature line says: ?Amazon Smile + TFP as my Charity = donations to TFP on everything I buy!? How cool!!!!!! Im going to change my donations to TFP right now. Thank you! (and dont think I dont order a lot off Amazon...Im on first name basis with Fed Ex and UPS!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilypad
So where is our pictures??? I would LOVE to see this pool that has brought you such joy and you have worked and saved for!

Critters??? What kind??

Kim:kim:

Critters....2 shelties, horses, chickens. Enough to keep my plenty busy here at home. So heres a picture I took yesterday, theres still a lot left to be done, painting the deck, leveling the dirt, sodding, but it wont be long.

Attachments

• pool 11-16.jpg
    pool 11-16.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: caligrl2
Sweetie on the left, Punkin on the right. Half brother and sister, Sweetie is now 14, Punkin is now 11. Lots of hair, I brush them myself, trim their toes. They dont look perfect, but they are farm pups and play outside a lot.

Sweetie is too old and too smart to bother with anyone. She's a couch potato. Punkin likes to follow me out back when Im working. I think he must be one of the new wave Shelties; when I drive my golf cart, instead of him herding me, he leads in front of the golf cart with his head turned backwards to make sure Im following. He's crashed into a few bushes and fences doing that, but it hasnt stopped him!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got done brushing down the pool. Still cloudy coming off of the brushing, from the Diamond Brite setting up Im sure. Will keep doing it as instructed. 55 degrees right now, a bit chippy for Florida and pool dreaming, but I still love it!

Good job bonding with your pretty pool!

Don't forget to take and share pics of your pump so we can teach you how to set it up and make any changes needed.

Go ahead and set up your signature to reflect the pool being done. Don't forget to include the filter so we can start teaching you how to care for it as well. The new plaster and it's dust will mean you will have to clean it soon.

Reactions: carnivalday
Still finishing up pool....solar going in today, grading all the dirt today, decking getting painted, maybe today, sod going down Friday, and cage guys coming back to tweak a few spots that I wasnt too happy with. All in all, very happy with pool company and their sub contractors.

Owner said he will walk me thru the pump and filter settings, tho knowing me, it will take me reading instructions over and over to get it right. I will definitely take pictures. Its 42 this morning, so Im not nearly as anxious to get in the pool as Id be if it were 82! As good of an experience as this was, to be honest, Ill be so glad to get it done. Im really not used to all the traffic thru here, it feels like Grand Central station sometimes! Im so ready to some peace and quiet, sitting around my pool, listening to the quiet water. I read somewhere that sitting around water is one of the most soothing things you can do. Im ready to test that theory.

Last edited:
So Im up and running. Pool builder walked me thru all the equipment. I video'ed, with my phone, everything that he told me. Im pleased that it doesnt seem difficult at all, its just remembering all that needs to be done, and I have it all on video, so thats going to be terrific. Ive planned that Sunday will be my test kit day. The instructions on the 2006c seem reasonable. The one thing Im not finding is once you have your test results, how do you know how much of what needs to be added? I really feel foolish asking all these questions, as Im sure they've been asked a million times. I will say that Im feeling much more confident that Ill be able to run this thing. Now if the weather would just warm up!

Do NOT feel foolish asking ANY question even if it is the second time YOU ask it! We want you to KNOW how to take care of your pool! :hug:

Pool Math as seen here: PoolMath This will tell you how much to add and what to add to get the level you want. Make sure to have the gallon size noted as well as making sure you have the correct % of what you are using-chlorine can be 6 or 8 or 11%. If it is not noted then do not buy it as it 3 % or less and not worth bothering with. Muriatic acid can be 14% and 31%. The lower stuff may be inside the store but the full strength stuff is usually outside by the pool stuff in a box as they are sold two to a box. It is sold at Lowes and Home Depot.

• Love
As they say "there's an app for that". Or if you're old school like me, I use a web calculator for my chlorine/baking soda amount. However, I eyeball the muriatic acid amount (I don't want to pour it twice, and the odor is like getting punched in the face if you ever inhale it,and if you pour it into a container which has moisture it may fizz/get hot/splatter on you). For other ingredients I've used (CYA) I looked at the recommendations on the back of the bag, then reduced by 50% then reassessed after all dissolved.

You may not need to do the " reduce by 50%" part since you should know the exact capacity of your pool. I have been guesstimating mine, so I prefer to err on the low side. I can always add more, but its hard to take something out after you've added it!

I may buy a special measuring cup ror the chlorine and another for the DE, but so far I've survived using a plastic juice jug (with funnel) for the chlorine bleach, and can like a coffee can for the DE.

If you go with an unofficial DE scoop, be sure to weigh it both empty and then again when it's full of DE so you have an accurate idea of the total lb/kg you're putting in.

The web based pool math page is great. I, too, dont like working off my phone. My eyes cant deal with all that tiny print. I think what I may do is post my initial numbers, if I can get it done properly, and maybe that way I can get some good ideas on what they mean as far as what I need to do. Thanks kimkats and FlaPoolGuy.

edited to add: that Pool Math page is great. Im sure the app gave the same info, it was just too difficult to use (for me; I dont love apps. Darn phone is just for calling and texting folks, as far as Im concerned).

Reactions: Divin Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.