Old Pentair EasyTouch - setting up pool/spa lights

Blaine965

Sep 7, 2021
TX
Hi! I moved into a home that has a Pentair EasyTouch 8 system. I have tried to watch videos on youtube to bring myself up to speed on how to use it.

Regarding the pool & spa lights, we have installed color-changing LED lights. Many of the videos I have watched give you the option to control "colors", modes", etc. all through the easy touch system's menu under the "lights" section.

When I go to "lights" within my easytouch system, I do not see anything for "modes", "color", etc. All I see is "All On", "All Off", and "Sync". I have gone into the settings menu and looked at each of the circuit types and names because many of the vidoes I have watched show where you can select a specific brand/type of light, but I do not seem to have that option within my settings. Is this due to the age of my easytouch 8 system which I believe is around 2007?

Any feedback, guidance, etc. is much appreciated!

Which lights did you install? Do you mean LED lamps that fit in the old incandescent fixtures?

Pentair color-changing lights....the entire light fixture is new, not just the bulbs. I think the lights are Pentair Intellibrite, but I have reached out to service guy that installed them to confirm.

Just found this post from a couple years ago.......looks like I may need to update my board

"If your label isn't present or readable, you can go to Menu > Diagnostics > Software Rev and see what's listed for "UOC" (universal outdoor controller)

It was added in Ver 2.010, per the Pentair firmware revision doc:
Version 2.010 5/5/08
New processor upgrade requires version 2.010 and higher. Cannot be applied to older EasyTouch systems.
Added IntelliBrite Pool/Spa light support

If your board was built before 5/5/08, you'll need a new board since the new 2.x firmware won't fit on the old 1.x boards :confused:"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.