OK to remove cleaner's filter permanently?

Johnny B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Is it ok to remove the cleaner's filter permanently at the pump station? I only use a pool skim and never a floor cleaner (RayVac etc). My PoolSkim runs 100% of the RunTime. If you guys OK it then it will save me the trouble of cleaning the filter. I do realize the stuff that currently gets caught in the filter will just get blown back in the pool, doesn't worry me unless you advise otherwise .
Thanks

My polaris had a screen where it connected to the wall but its after the filter. Risk is it might stop up your pool cleaner?
Yes, that’s a good point, if something got past the pump basket it could make it to cleaner line & without the cleaner's filter in it would go beyond this filter housing and so could cause a problem/clog somewhere else in the cleaner line. Is that what you mean? If yes, I'll just keep the filter in & clean as needed which isn't that often anyways but every little bit of less labor is always welcomed. Am I right on my thinking? Thanks

Yes, if its fine dust it should blow through but a piece of pine bark could stop it up..I have a chlorinator that feeds before the filter and I added a screen filter before it because trash was jamming up the flow meter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.