Ok to have eyeball return facing straight down?

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Is it ok to have my eyeball return facing straight down? The reason for this was because my solar cover was spinning like a record when I had the eyeball return facing to the right. It would bunch up around the ladder. I realize it won't filter as well straight down but that's ok because I dont get a ton of dirt and debris in the pool. My main question is will the water circulate enough for the spread of chemicals and chlorine? Or should I just live with the solar cover spinning. Or maybe angle it mostly down but a bit to the right?

Go with mostly down but still angled so that you get circulation. If there isn't at least a little bit of water circulation the skimmer won't work well to pull stuff off the surface of the water. You can also try attaching a line to the solar cover so that it cant spin with the water.

Turn it down and to the right. If it's breaking the surface, the cover will spin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.