Ok, fess up. Is this your plumbing?

reagan said:
When the interviewer (also the owner) asked if I could 'straighten it up a bit' I responded, 'not on the salary you're offering.'

:lol:

In my 20-odd IT years, I've been asked...oh...5-6 times to "straighten up" a wiring closet. Every time my answer has been the same.

"Sure, so long as I don't have to coordinate the unplugging and rearranging with anyone."

All but once, when they figure out that means their laptops, PCs, servers, printers, and any number of other devices will be on and off the network at random times for a few days, they've declined.

That one time sure was fun though. :lol:

Yeah, such things can be, I used to work IT, and a couple of years ago helped out on one of those rewire a tangled mess jobs, we had 2 full time guys, and another 2 or 3 of us that were helping out for a few hours each day, and managed to get it done (2 server racks full of equipment) over a long holiday weekend, thankfully it was not in a cramped closet, so we each had a bit of room to work. We found all sorts of stuff in the jumble, old thin net cables, 10Base2 mixed in with the twisted pair, fibber converts hooked to nothing on one side, etc.

Isaac-1 said:
We found all sorts of stuff in the jumble, old thin net cables, 10Base2 mixed in with the twisted pair, fibber converts hooked to nothing on one side, etc.

:lol: Yep, all that sounds familiar.

Got invited in to come see a rewire job once...they'd used 25' cables as patch cables in several places, so there were huge coils and piles of cable on the floor. It was an old building too, re-purposed and made more "modern", but lots of cracks and crevices...

Under the big pile of coils? A dead bird. :shock:

/. readers

for /. readers this link comes up about once a year.
http://wikibon.org/blog/untangle-this-t ... -clutters/
it seems to mesh well with the thread so I included it,
also this picture seemed a nice fit.

From my own experience at work, I can honestly say
that no matter how neat you are when you lay out a rack
it turns into la living thing that just grows and grows
until it shows up as an embarrassment on someones
website =-{

Attachments

• pcroom.jpg
    pcroom.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 91
I like this one myself
index2.jpg

But do not want to be ever faced with this one

rfloorSewage.jpg

And yes that is raw sewage :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not really a DE snob... it's just those Intex starter filers seems to take forever. I used to buy the A filters by the handful and my EasySet was more like an Easy FILL after trying to keep it blue. I wuould just standon the side wall and "water the grass" and re-fill as opposed to getting the water fixed.

I know when I had algae blooms last year due to my sky high CYA (pucks) the DE in my current pool about killed me. I would got through a 25# box of DE in a weekend having to dump and change the grey/green goo when the filter couldn't run more than 30 minutes without the pressure rising 80% over clean. Changing and cleaning filters would have been a dream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.