Offline Automatic Chlorinators no longer working!

Eric Etshman

Aug 25, 2019
Landenberg, PA
I had a Hayward offline chlorine feeder that took tablets, which stopped efficiently working last summer. These things are just plastic and not that complicated and I couldn’t see what was wrong with it, but I went out and bought a brand new one anyway. This one doesn’t work either. In both cases the tablets aren’t really dissolving and the chlorine isn’t making it to the pool even at max setting. The smaller gauge hoses, again not complicated, are affixed into the PVC the way they’ve always been with no leaks (new hoses too). If I take them off the water squirts out of the hole, but somehow it’s just not circulating through anymore. Welcome any thoughts or ideas- I can’t figure out what I’m missing!

Welcome to TFP.

Try different tablets. We have heard of some tablets dissolving too quickly and other tablets dissolving too slowly. All tablets are not alike and there are no quality standards.

That said watch out for your CYA getting too high when using tablets. Although you close your pool and drain out water every year and that lowers the CYA accumulation.

Read the links below to learn about TFPC Methods...

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.