Official 2021 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues for lunch. The kid my wife and myself landed 6 yesterday morning. Only 5 in pic. They were just the right size. No bigger than 18 inches to keep the oil in check. Pan fried them today. They were good. I like blues. A lot of people don’t bit off u keep the small ones they are not oily. My kid caught a few flounder too that were released.

Good time!

Attachments

• 176A2689-7CD5-4A8D-94FF-028D376F9FA7.jpeg
    176A2689-7CD5-4A8D-94FF-028D376F9FA7.jpeg
    477.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 31A06D0C-1002-4E39-A8B8-8EE18CD5AB1A.jpeg
    31A06D0C-1002-4E39-A8B8-8EE18CD5AB1A.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 11
  • CB811FAA-25D3-490A-A507-D512F1733B0A.jpeg
    CB811FAA-25D3-490A-A507-D512F1733B0A.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 11
I know it’s only Tuesday, but what the heck - I’m retired! Plus, summer has just started here in North Texas since it rained all May and early June.

Picked up a turkey breast today that I’m going to cook on the Joetisserie once it’s thawed. Will be using a hot turkey recipe that I found on the Kamado Joe YouTube channel. It uses Frank’s hot sauce as the base.

1623797928852.jpeg

Last edited:
Will be using a hot turkey recipe that I found on the Kamado Joe YouTube channel. It uses Frank’s hot sauce as the base
On day 4 of leftovers after Thanksgiving many years ago I cooked up some Buffalo Turkey and it was amazing. It was uniquely different than Buffalo chicken the same way the Turkey is in the first place. I probably make some sort of Buffalo Turkey half of the time with leftovers now.

Turkey still has a little thawing left to do, so I’ll target tomorrow or Saturday for the cook. In the meantime, I was looking at various charcoal starters and came across this tried and true method. Real men indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: usfbull
I know it’s only Tuesday, but what the **** - I’m retired! Plus, summer has just started here in North Texas since it rained all May and early June.

Picked up a turkey breast today that I’m going to cook on the Joetisserie once it’s thawed. Will be using a hot turkey recipe that I found on the Kamado Joe YouTube channel. It uses Frank’s hot sauce as the base.

louView attachment 345838
I love the privacy on the fence can you tell me how that was constructed?

I love the privacy on the fence can you tell me how that was constructed?
Sure - all cedar construction except for the louvers. The posts are either 4x4 or 6x6. The louvers are Trex. The builder built the “boxes” with the louvers and then attached them to the posts. I had found a picture on the internet of the privacy screen and really liked it. Most contractors proposed custom fabricated metal louvers, which were expensive, but one guy said he could build it with Trex. Turned out great! There’s another thread on this site somewhere of the original picture I found because someone else asked about them. If I find it, I’ll add the pic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here’s the picture that I gave to contractors for the bid. I told them to look at the one in the background and let them know I wanted to stagger 3 separate structures.

1624060056407.png

I know it’s only Tuesday, but what the **** - I’m retired! Plus, summer has just started here in North Texas since it rained all May and early June.

View attachment 345838
That B&H is SO GOOD in the summer. I like it splashed into my gin & topo :love:

Reactions: jark87
I enjoyed reading this whole forum this morning. Y'all are some experts, that's for sure! Have a question for anyone who has a Weber gas grill (I also have a huge charcoal grill, but the Weber gets the most use these days for just the 2 of us). I need a new 3 burner tube set up and see aftermarket (not OEM) sets from Amazon. Anyone have experience with this and have recommendations?

Finally got around to the turkey breast. Marinated for 3 hours in Frank’s Hot Sauce and Dale’s Steak Seasoning, 2:1 Frank’s to Dale’s ratio, recipe courtesy of Chef Eric on the Kamado Joe channel. Basting in same sauce every 30 minutes. This is my first time using the Joetisserie and I’m having a little trouble keeping temp at 350°. It was up around 380° for the first hour, so I hope I don’t dry it out!

edit: Turkey was cooked perfectly, so I was happy about that. I’m not a big fan of the Dale’s seasoning, though. I really like the taste of Frank’s and next time I’ll either go with a straight Worcestershire sauce or butter like a hot wing. Dale’s is heavy in the Worcestershire, but has other stuff that gives it a funky flavor.

1624128506270.jpeg

1624128546700.jpeg
Finished product:
1624133051646.jpeg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.