Official 2019 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are not filets. They are sirloin steaks with the cap removed that I split into smaller cuts (aka, faux-filet mignon). Costco sells them in a 6 pack for around $25-30. They are not quite as tender as filet mignon but, if you cook them to about 135F internal temp, they are quite juicy and delicious. And yes, bacon is the perfect add-on for lean meats.

You’re also talking to a born and bred NY boy....I’ll eat a NY shell steak anytime you’re offering one....

Tonight’s dinner was an “Asian” inspired pork loin roast cooked on the rotisserie. The loin was coated with Chinese Five Spice powder and then basted with a mixture of Tamari soy sauce, honey, hot sesame oil and molasses. The roast was basted every 15mins and it was cooked to an internal temp of 135F. Served with broccoli and pineapple.

Hey Matt again that looks delicious. Did you get the loin from Costco:cheers:

Yes. In the meat case. It’s the full, 8-9lbs loin. You can typically cut it up into 3 roasts or 2 roasts from either end and cut the center up into about 6 boneless loin chops. It’s only a couple of bucks per pound so it’s a very economical buy.

Fresh homemade ground hamburger with grilled onions and cheddar cheese topped with sunny side egg Cooked on the griddle and fresh corn off the cob with peppers cooked in the air fryer. Yummm :cheers:AC551D10-1E8C-43F6-AA99-6955096B295C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Lagerman64
We call that the “brunch burger” around here - burger, poached egg, havarti cheese, hollandaise sauce, sautéed onion, etc...served with your choice of mimosa or Bloody Mary. I prefer the Bloody Mary myself...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think adding an egg to anything takes the meal to another level. Yes the corn was great in the air fryer. I have been using it for a lot of small things especially for left over food :cheers:

First super nice day of the year since the pool went up. We choose bbq wings.hot wings and salt and pepper wither a side of perogies. Oh and some captain Morgan spiced and ginger ale

Attachments

• 04F70A95-B692-4A64-9111-85A914F3C05E.jpeg
    04F70A95-B692-4A64-9111-85A914F3C05E.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 34
First super nice day of the year since the pool went up. We choose bbq wings.hot wings and salt and pepper wither a side of perogies. Oh and some captain Morgan spiced and ginger ale
Bosley those wings look great, I may have to do some this weekend :cheers:

Mmmmm, pirogies. When my wife and I started dating we used to make those for dinner, fast forward 20 years and neither one of us can remember what we used to eat them with. :scratch:

Pool is a bit chilly from all this cool weather, but it is perfect day to smoke some butts.

Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning as a rub and injected with creole butter. I’ve tried all kinds of rubs and injections, but this is simple, cheap and delicious.

Attachments

• 5F2EBF02-FFDE-4F38-A352-5B797DC3D2A0.jpeg
    5F2EBF02-FFDE-4F38-A352-5B797DC3D2A0.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 33
Pool is a bit chilly from all this cool weather, but it is perfect day to smoke some butts.

Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning as a rub and injected with creole butter. I’ve tried all kinds of rubs and injections, but this is simple, cheap and delicious.
Great for pulled pork sandwiches topped with Asian coleslaw :cheers:

Reactions: Tpopz
Got a new gadget (immersion blender) and egg rings for the griddle so I whipped fresh hollandaise sauce. Shall I say yummy ?
Happy Father’s day to all :cheers:1A8C9A11-C16A-428A-B113-21AA587CA042.jpegDAD9ECD7-CCE0-48B1-A1C8-8D7510696536.jpegDD90981F-F763-462B-9664-2D4384C2B1A6.jpeg

Reactions: Lagerman64

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.