Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Re: Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

JoyfulNoise:
That salmon https://www.troublefreepool.com/thr...ng-thread***?p=1233294&viewfull=1#post1233294 looks fantastic! I enjoy salmon with "citrus-y" notes. My other half does not like salmon, so I only get to have it when she is out of town.
BTW, those grates holding the salmon look like Oscarware Grill Toppers. Is that what they are and, if so, how do you like them?

Ya know, the wife bought them at the supermarket and I did not pay attention to the label on them. They're basically like aluminum foil chicken wire that's cut into different shapes and then the edges are folded over so as to not get hurt. They worked well for fish and veggies BUT they are tad bit flimsy and will bend when you try to pick them up off the grille. The upside is, you can reuse them a couple of times and then just throw them in the trash when they get too bent. I don't even bother washing them, I just put them in the gas grille and burn off anything left-over on them.

All-in-all, they worked out quite well. I have some old Stok BBQ perforated grille plates that are similar but they are anodized aluminum (or maybe ceramic coated steel, I've never looked that carefully) and they work the same but require heavy cleaning to remove food bits. I usually have to torch those in the gasser and then scrub them down with brass wool in order to not scratch off the coating....I like the disposable kind a little better.

Ok final product

xigO0F1-1.jpg

y9VV898-1.jpg

Final plate with home grown tomatoes for my sister in law.

U461svK-1.jpg

Some good looking stuff here folks!!

Forgive me, for I have sinned. Over the weekend, I cooked Ribs, Ribeyes, Burgers and Dogs.....and not one picture. :oops:

But I did get the meat sweats. :joker:

Ok, time for some pork cubed!

Breakfast sausage cooked with sage, thyme, butter, onions, garlic, craisins and maple syrup. Sorta like dressing.
dbtgallery.php

Stuffed into two butterflied pork tenderloins
dbtgallery.php

Wrapped with applewood smoked bacon
dbtgallery.php

2ish hours at 300
dbtgallery.php

Boy! We're gonna make that again!!!

Looks tasty! [emoji39]

Chicken [emoji490] Thighs and potatoes ? coming off the Weber.....

32db7757b77d947056c7625ee3065923-1.jpg

More citrus grilled salmon tonight -

e1adab66b1d272c36791894e85d9103e-1.jpg

Aaaaaand grilled -

9604a2b4db5df1d0b975ff5242ecba60-1.jpg

Annnnd the plate -

fd522d1e8d351af2bff13688799d4c1c-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Wow, that looks great!

Costco has had some nice salmon lately...very hard to pass it up.

I am new to the forum but an old hand at BBQ, smoking and grilling. I am into Kamado style grills with an Akorn, Akorn Jr and a Kamado Joe Big Joe with a Joetisserie attachment. I also have an Camp chef flat top grill. I love to make pulled pork, BB ribs and just about anything I can smoke or grill.

BB ribs

Boston Butts

Lamb Chops

Well you all get the idea!

Welcome aboard!!

Keep sharing those awesome photos and any recipes you love...we're all ears...and eyes!! YUM!!

Sunday Dinner, New York Strip with Bearnaise sauce, roasted carrots, risotto and garlic bread baked on the grill with the carrots:cheers:

Not as good as prime rib roast, but meaty nonetheless -

9414fa9228d572d2f513a1f52f2229f1-1.jpg

Costco has these really nice sirloin steaks. Big pack for real cheap ($7/lb). It's not filet mignon but they grille up perfectly at med-rare and are very juicy and tender. I can get two meals for six out of one pack.

Welcome aboard!!

Keep sharing those awesome photos and any recipes you love...we're all ears...and eyes!! YUM!!

Yes indeed!

I gotta try some Lamb Chops someday...

Tell me about that Sam Adams Tropical Beer Matt. Hoppy? And the Summer Shandy...saw a lady grabbing up a bunch of sixes the other day, and thought, Im gonna have to give that a run too one of these days. What's in that one?

I have a very favorite Houston brewed beer I'll put up here this summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.