Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Re: Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Glad to see all of your digits are still (mostly) attached...Eh, no need to clean up, you're just adding some extra flavor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I cannot match your presentation picture, but it's hard to imagine anything tasting any better. This turned out better than I imagined. I followed your gravy instructions to the tee, and it turned out so good, maybe the best gravy I have ever had. We didn't eat till 11 PM, but it was definitely worth the wait. Everything down to the meat and vegetables were delicious. I may have cooked the egg noodles tad too long, so they lost their form but they still tasted delicious. Anyway just finished the cleanup which is a big job, but this is one of the better meals I've ever made. Thanks for the detailed directions. We loved it!

Reduction process
348649d35bcbaf3640d21fef70904129-1.jpg

Money!
a7abe30c203968cd465c0ec814bd8e53-1.jpg

I added a significant amount of gravy to that plate after I took the picture.

AWESOME!!

You can call your recipe "Midnight Pot Roast" ?. And I like the pairing with asparagus, nice touch! I bet you guys went to bed with nice full stomachs.

Good job!!

PS - Does your wife think you're totally crazy with taking pictures of the food and posting them? My wife thinks I've lost it! She's like, "It's a pool Forum, not a cooking show?!?!" But she does appreciate the good meals I make from the posts!

Nice pot roast! I need to get on the ball here.

+1 on wife thinking I'm crazy for taking food pics. She's getting used to it though, a few days ago she stopped and waited for me to take a pic without any helpful comments. :)

Yes went to bed with full Stomachs, but it was so good I can't wait to get home and have seconds! Pictures: At first she thought I was crazy. But now, whenever we go to a restaurant and get something that is out of the ordinary we both snap pictures. LOL
Here is an example of some breakfast we had last week at a local brunch spot, I cannot take credit for this, this was served to us. Soooo good.

a149c115dbc9e4b4aa966dfacd5e3721-1.jpg

I love Eggs Benedict (béarnaise sauce ROCKS!)!! Looks super-yummy.

Best method I ever saw for poaching an egg - spray a piece of seran wrap with cooking spray and push it into a small cup like a teacup. Crack an egg into it. Gather up the edges and tie it off onto a stick (like a BBQ skewer). Then lower the pouch with the egg into simmering water. The poached egg slips right out of the plastic wrap when done.

This guy has some other cool tricks too - 10 AMAZING EGGS LIFE HACKS AND EDIBLE TRICKS - YouTube

That's pretty cool..... very creative

Looks like pot roast this weekend it is!!!!! LoL

Did some bone-in New York steaks, some grilled veggies and a cheddar broccoli pasta, paid about $11 for all 3 steaks;

Lots of good dinners out there!!

Here's what I did tonight -

Salmon Fillet w/ Browned Garlic-Butter and Chives

282446b0179a53b0be83592c9d745b3b-1.jpg

Mashed Orange Cauliflower & Cheese (cooked in coconut milk and topped with chives)

af412edb7c3340b6520f1f2c2fcc7e02-1.jpg

Steamed Broccoli

5dfe3e463544ec07186ed3a5fb1288b6-1.jpg

Next time I do the cauliflower mash I'm going to take a page out of Danny's "healthy" eating cookbook and add bacon bits!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Meatloaf Madness Continues!!

Danny caste some voodoo on me and this happened -

IMG_4436.jpg

A little BBQ sauce on top -

IMG_4437.jpg

So it's 1 lb each of : ground lamb, pork sausage mix and 80/20 ground beef (NOT organic!). I added the requisite 15 lbs of shredded cheese (still doesn't look like enough!!) and Colby-Jack cheese chunks. I went the "Full Danny" and added bacon bits from a 1/2 lb of thick cut peach wood smoked bacon and then chopped up a half onion and sautéed that in the bacon grease. Finally, I topped it off with a little schmear of Mr. Stubbs BBQ sauce and then into the oven it went (sorry, I'm kiddo duty this afternoon and could not fire up the smoker).

I'll report back with the slice & serve later....(to be continued)

I did live in New Orleans for a while, maybe I brought back some voodoo! Mmmm lamb, I need to add some lamb next time.

I'm getting stuff for pot roast tomorrow and I'll probably cook it Friday.

Meatloaf Madness Continues, The Finale!

So here it is out of the oven (internal temp was 145F when I pulled it) -

2aa4d0792fbbca95fcf8bcbb3daed713-1.jpg

Sliced -

86179eeaea3981a3a48e00c939541246-1.jpg

And plates with broccolini and a nice beer -

629a1cc0fd2af4cdd844814497c42fa4-1.jpg

Yeah, it was yummy.

Ohh baby! Cheesy deliciousness! You have been infected with the meatloaf mambo!

The wife made me check that the life insurance was paid up, the will was in order and told me to give each child a kiss on the head and tell them that I love them before eating....

I love this thread!
I used to do a lot of cooking until I went to nursing school and got my license several years ago. Now it just seems like a lot of work...especially since I'm the only one who cooks here. Hubby does a great job with cleaning and laundry, though, so I can't complain.

You guys are inspiring me to renew my culinary skills.

I love this thread!
I used to do a lot of cooking until I went to nursing school and got my license several years ago. Now it just seems like a lot of work...especially since I'm the only one who cooks here. Hubby does a great job with cleaning and laundry, though, so I can't complain.

You guys are inspiring me to renew my culinary skills.

We welcome all submissions and would love to see you whip up a fancy meal for you and hubby!

I cook for an army because there's lots of little mouths to feed around here (and they get so grouchy when they're hungry). I learned to cook in a restaurant, so doing anything less than a party of 8 is impossible for me. I'd love to see some small fancy dishes and keep those ideas in my head for a time when my wife and I might find ourselves alone...not likely to happen in the next 18 years but a man can dream....

I come from a very large family where all the men cooked as well as the women. My grandma cooked for the local parochial school (when school lunches were good, homemade food), one uncle is a professionally trained chef and co- owned a restaurant with another uncle (my mom's brothers). I started cooking at 8yrs old. Always loved to make everything from scratch (kneading bread is therapeutic and handrolled & cut noodles are amazing). I have yet to learn not to cook for an army. So we always have leftovers. I believe in freezing!

I plan some baking in a couple weeks (leftover supplies from Christmas that never got used up).. I'll be sure to post it. No fancy dinners on the horizon, but I may copy a couple of the recipes you guys have posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.