Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Dec 29, 2015
Chino/CA
For xmas the wifey got me a new Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker, when I 1st started considering this smoker I came across multiple home made beef jerky recipes. I basically picked and chose ingredients and methods and basically kind of came up with my own.

For the 1st attempt I didn't want to use a very expensive cut of beef, so I picked up a london broil that was about 3-4 lbs and removed most of the visible fat and sliced it up:

BTW, nothing was measured, just opened up a ziplock bag and poured the following ingredients in:

Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Fresh Garlic
Garlic Powder
Black pepper
Onion Powder
Ginger Powder
Brown Sugar

I then let the meat marinade over night, woke up the next morning and placed the cuts on racks:

I added some fresh cracked pepper to one rack, I then placed both racks into the electric smoker that was set at 160°:

About 4 hours in I flipped them over:

And this was about 8 hours later:

All in all, it came out pretty good!!! My harshest critic, my 10 y/o daughter actually loved it!! She's the reason why I only did 1 rack w/ the black pepper and I didnt add any heat to the marinade.

Re: Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Very nice!! Enjoy the new man-toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

That was on Sunday, yesterday I did a beer can chicken in the smoker that I brined for about 14 hours:

Also made some home-made potatoes au-gratin and a broccoli salad:

There is a great site for all kinds of outdoor cooking recipes and technics. You may already know of it, it is "amazingribs.com"

It is not only about ribs, it is everything to do with all outdoor cooking. Very cool place if your interested in grilling and smoking. Hope it is ok to post it here, if not a mod can remove. I am in no way connected, just a avid reader.

Thanks!

That was on Sunday, yesterday I did a beer can chicken in the smoker that I brined for about 14 hours:

Also made some home-made potatoes au-gratin and a broccoli salad:

Looks delicious! Congrats

Ok meatloafers. Here is how to let your meatloaf.

2lbs ground beef
1lb breakfast or Italian sausage
1 lb ground pork
1/2lb Shredded jack/cheddar cheese
3 eggs
Your favorite spices
I like
Garlic
Onion
Tony Chachare
Stubbs beef rub
Stubbs BBQ rub
8 or 10 chunks of cheddar or jack stuck in the middle
Smoke it with pecan at 275-300 to 160 internal temp
Boom, best meatloaf you ever had, yes that is cheese oozing out

IMG_20170121_155513.jpg

IMG_20170121_155621.jpg

IMG_20170121_175419.jpg

IMG_20170121_180046.jpg

I can't wait to try this....[emoji15]

The best meatloaf I have ever had is from a little place here in Tucson called Jonathan's Cork. They have "meatloaf Monday's" every week and they serve some of the best food around. They serve all kinds of meat - beef, lamb, venison, bison, pig, duck, chicken...it's a veritable barnyard of meatiness....and, for those needing lighter fare, they do serve fish and shrimp dishes as well. Just an all-around great meal and a wonderful beer and wine selection.

But I really love Meatloaf Monday's!! (I always buy a second entree to take home for lunch the following day)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Your recipe does not say how much cheese?

I'm thinking about going and getting everything I need for this making this evening.

I'm at the store now getting my ingredient :D

And Danny needs to use his Mod powers to split this into a new "official 2017 cooking" thread.

I put in 1/2lb bag of Tillamook shredded cheese and 10ish chunks of sharp cheddar cut into 1/2"×1/2" by a couple inches.

Ok, I'll flip this out to a 2017 thread.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will be at the store getting my stuff between the games. Might go early since his first game is kind of a blowout. Thanks guys!

Your cardiologist must LOVE you!!

Going for the Wolfman Jack death I see (from Wikipedia) -

Robert Smith died of a heart attack in Belvidere, North Carolina, on July 1, 1995.

Smith had finished broadcasting what would be his last Wolfman Jack radio broadcast, a weekly program nationally syndicated from
The Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Washington, D.C. originating on XTRA 104.1 FM (WXTR-FM). That night he said, "I can't wait to get home and give Lou a hug, I haven't missed her this much in years," referring to the concluded promotional tour for his new autobiography. "He walked up the driveway, went in to hug his wife and then just fell over," said Lonnie Napier, vice president of Wolfman Jack Entertainment.[2][20]

His heart basically exploded in his chest....but hey, if you gotta go, there are far worse ways than that....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.