Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Has anyone ever tried tying something like a fishing line on a washer through the hole on the skimmer lid to have the basket come up with the lid?

I realize this is an odd question, but we keep our pool open year round, and this would really simplify those daily skimmer cleans.

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone ever tried tying something like a fishing line on a washer through the hole on the skimmer lid to have the basket come up with the lid?

I realize this is an odd question, but we keep our pool open year round, and this would really simplify those daily skimmer cleans.

Thanks in advance!
Don’t know, but you’de have to be careful that something wasn’t floating around in the skimmer water that wasn’t yet in the basket. Otherwise it could get sucked down into the plumbing bypassing the basket. I’ve had frogs or a bunch of leaves dart in there when I initially lift the cover off.

Don’t know, but you’de have to be careful that something wasn’t floating around in the skimmer water that wasn’t yet in the basket. Otherwise it could get sucked down into the plumbing bypassing the basket. I’ve had frogs or a bunch of leaves dart in there when I initially lift the cover off.
That’s not an issue unless the pool is running, right? We usually run ours overnight.

Thanks in advance!

I just use a zip tie around my Hayward basket handle (yes, the handle is "upside down". I found it easier to keep the zip tie positioned near the center without excessive tightening) . . . :cool:

Skimmer Handle.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
I just use a zip tie around my Hayward basket handle (yes, the handle is "upside down". I found it easier to keep the zip tie positioned near the center without excessive tightening) . . . :cool:

View attachment 547879
Here are things we sold or have sold for easier skimmer situations the last one is a Skim Buddy,which also is used to add tablets,remove lids and pull up baskets without bending over good for people with bad knees or short arms

Attachments

• IMG_2056.jpeg
    IMG_2056.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 13
The zip tie sure looks like it would be ideal- nothing hard for someone to accidentally step on while on the pool deck but easy to grab/find. Man I love a good zip tie hack😁

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The zip tie sure looks like it would be ideal- nothing hard for someone to accidentally step on while on the pool deck but easy to grab/find. Man I love a good zip tie hack😁

Mine fits inside the skimmer body, under the lid. Nothing to step on, except the lid. Zip tie is approximately 1/2 exposed above the water level inside.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.