OB in QC, AZ.

Hello, this is my first forum post here. It's really informative. we are also ready for a pool and decided to save money by going the OB route. I just wanted to say thank you. These lists are really helpful. We designed a backyard layout in Sweethome 3d and are ready to acquire more detailed plans. I have a call into Pool and spa designs and they will have someone call me back tomorrow. I'll share my findings.

OK so far so good. I filled out the sheet and spoke with Jamie with Pool and Spa designs. They sound like a good company. After our discussion, we our waiting for the draft plans and then if finalized , they will send to engineering. They were very informative about what options are flexible enough to either subtract or add on depending on our budget. We should know more about the cost estimate after the drafting. Here's a look our pool rendering.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Welcome! I'm new as well, just a few posts into my TFP career but we are following a similar path in Queen Creek right now so I'd be happy to chat along the way as we learn things from the process. I am talking with Jamie today so you are a few steps ahead but we've shared emails and renderings/plans on what we want and hope to get the process started soon! I'm not sure what PSD will provide in terms of sub contractor referrals but I have found a list on the forums that I planned to add to for each stage as I find more sources so let me know if you are interested in that!

Welcome to the forum:wave: newbie count and newbie QC.

As you progress, please start individual threads with your questions so responders will see your individual story under a single thread. If you wish to communicate with one another, please do so through "conversations"

Working with pool and spa designs has great. We've made several adjustments and tweaks and Jamie and Brian have helped every step of the way. Here's what we have for our layout:design layout.png
We should be getting our final draft in the next few days. We're so excited and can't wait to move forward to the next step.

Working with pool and spa designs has great. We've made several adjustments and tweaks and Jamie and Brian have helped every step of the way. Here's what we have for our layout:View attachment 122003
We should be getting our final draft in the next few days. We're so excited and can't wait to move forward to the next step.

Looks like a super fun design! We are using PSD as well, had some early hiccups as we werent using Brian but that is changed now and he has taken over our plans - Jaime has been awesome the whole time - so hopefully we are close to final plans as well! I'd be happy to share info back and forth as we move through the process if you wanted, sounds like we are right in track with each other, so feel free to start a convo on here so we dont clutter up your post with the back and forth.

Your pool is much more expansive than ours lol but we actually do share a few of the same pool features so it will be fun to watch them come along!

Welcome to TFP! This looks like a cool project.

Are you planning on automation? Look into the Pentair Intellicenter. Automation will make your life easier considering the spa/pool combo and water features. Search here for Intellicenter threads.

I see an IC40 SWG listed for your 33k+ pool. We recommend a SWG at least 2x the pool volume. An IC60 would be better suited for your needs - especially here in the desert southwest in summer. The intellicenter contains the load center with the circuit breakers also - possibly no need for the electrical subpanel then. Keep all equipment the same manufacturer, except the heater.

Also, consider putting a 110v gfci outlet mid pool length along the back wall if its placement meets code. This could be used for a future cleaning robot if you need it.

Who is the manufacturer of the infloor and does the manufacturer design the pop up head placement?

Consider switching the gas heater to a Raypak 400k btu unit. Raypak gets good reviews here. Any manufacturers heater works with any automation. If you go with a larger heater (400k vs 250k) you can heat the water faster. If you go bigger, check if the gas line needs upsizing too.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.