OB in Gilbert, AZ - Pool Rookie starting out

5/30/18 to 5/31/18 - Fill and Startup

Very exciting! Took about 11 hours to fill with two hoses. The BIL came over to help with startup and getting chems balanced.

The kids did great but it was clear the waiting was brutal for them!

BAtn7tH.jpg

xcNdxzH.jpg

wJTPG5u.jpg

i3obSSN.jpg

8oB7T8M.jpg

i7MMjuA.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

6/1/18 - First Swim!!!

Everything tested good and stable, and frankly, enough was enough... it was time to get wet.

kGjxhNw.jpg

ucsxQkf.jpg

UGo72A5.jpg

DkFVsOa.jpg

vK6hE1y.jpg

(Semi-)Final Report

All in all I'm glad we did it (obviously), and there's still plenty to do:
- Fire Bowls have a long lead time and are due July 18th
- Fence needs to be installed (we still have young ones, clearly)
- Lots of landscaping

But wow, this has made summer in Arizona so much better. Frankly, it's why it takes me so long to post here... we are swimming literally every day. I joked with my wife that every day I come home from work, I arrive at a pool party in progress :p

It felt like a long road, but in the really it was only about 7 weeks once we finally broke ground to swim day.

Major milestones:
2/1/18 - Started really designing the pool
3/5/18 - Engineering Plans
4/13/18 - Actually broke ground (excavation)
5/3/18 - Shotcrete
6/1/18 - Swimming!

U11RQwI.jpg

sDoHOag.jpg

What a big hiccup...........ummmm yeah cut the tile to fit!! A LOT less work and damage!

LOVE the water color!

Those kids swimming are makes it worth it! I bet they are sleeping REAL good at night after all day in the pool! Win for everyone!

Kim:kim:

How great it will be for your kids to grow up with such happy family memories.

That is the biggest single reason we decided to get an above ground pool. I wanted my grandkids to remember all the fun times they have in Pop-Pop and Gheema's back yard swimming and cooking out hot dogs and playing with my two dogs and chasing our 5 chickens. It's going to be memory after memory for us all.

Awesome! Are you in Adora Trails by chance? We just moved in, Augusta Ave backing to Riggs, and started getting pool bids. This will be a great thread to revisit as we get started. Love that water color too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.