Now this is a cool dad 😎

God I hate to be the stick in the mud, especially on something so freaking awesome……..

But I sure hope that’s a retaining wall, or more so, a complete retaining wall and not just in that one spot like it looks to be.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Where is the retaining wall you're referring to?
Second pic on the front side 2-4 posts away from the deck. It’s hard to tell for sure of course but it looks like a concrete collar of sorts to me. It also kinda looks like it stops at post 4 but it could just be covered the rest of the way.

Friends buried a trampoline like that (but all the way) and used railroad ties / 4X4s as the retaining wall. I looked into doing it with mine and when lumber was cheap it cost many times more than the trampoline cost so I left mine up in the air like God intended. If it is concrete and it goes all the way around, it cost more than the pool. And so did the deck. And the slide, and the upper deck/stairs. And ….. lol. It’s utterly awesome but I’d never spend that much with a temporary centerpiece.

Second pic on the front side 2-4 posts away from the deck. It’s hard to tell for sure of course but it looks like a concrete collar of sorts to me. It also kinda looks like it stops at post 4 but it could just be covered the rest of the way.
Thanks. I see it now. :thumleft:
Friends buried a trampoline like that (but all the way) and used railroad ties / 4X4s as the retaining wall. I looked into doing it with mine and when lumber was cheap it cost many times more than the trampoline cost so I left mine up in the air like God intended. If it is concrete and it goes all the way around, it cost more than the pool. And so did the deck. And the slide, and the upper deck/stairs. And ….. lol. It’s utterly awesome but I’d never spend that much with a temporary centerpiece.
Yah, it does look really cool though. :epds:

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.