Now that remodel is complete or kinda time to start testing (Need test kit)

reelredfish

May 19, 2021
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
So 20 years ago when pool was built I did all of the testing and chemicals. However the past 15 years we have had a service. Now that pool has been refilled and up and running looking to do it myself again. We will be moving to salt as for we already have salt cell plumbed in with just a cap on it for now. SO with that said want to ensure I purchase the right kit and when looking I see so many options. Your help in pointing me to the right kit is appreciated.

. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols. You will need to add the K1766 salt test kit to those.

Or, get the TFPRO Salt. It includes the full test kit, with salt test, and a Speedstir. See TFTestkits.net

. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols. You will need to add the K1766 salt test kit to those.

Or, get the TFPRO Salt. It includes the full test kit, with salt test, and a Speedstir. See TFTestkits.net

Thanks I was looking at the TFPRO salt version but wanted to ensure that would cover anything I needed. Really want to make one purchase and have everything needed to keep up with the water.

TF-PRO *SALT WITH SMARTSTIR-FOR POOLS WITH SWG​

Has these options

Option:
pH Meter (Add $15.00 )
Options:
Borates Test Strips (Add $14.25 )
Salt Test Strips - Taylor (Add $13.50 )
XL Option (Add $20.00 )
Standard Sampler (Add $16.00 )

The XL is a great option for new testers. It will give you plenty to spare as you test more until it’s second nature.

The standard sizer is a great tool as well, you fill the vial and dunk it in and it expels everything but the 10ml you need. Still tho, it’s easy enough to get 10ml the old fashioned way, so up to you.

The PH tester is a great toy for the people who like gadgets but it’s not necessary. They need calibrating at times and the tip has to be stored in water so it’s a few steps that you don’t need. But if you like toys, by all means.

Salt strips aren’t as accurate as the drop test that’s already included. Not necessary at all. But nice for a quick round about check here and there.

Borate strips aren’t needed at all for most, unless that’s something you already track / add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.