Seattle
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Here are some pics of our little AGP....still a work in progress, with lumber prices being where they are right now the deck extension has to wait, so for now we're using some ramps I made out of some scraps I had laying around.

Some things to note, yes, the pool bed is raised. We have a pipeline that runs under our back 1/3 of our property, and had to jump through hoops due to easements to be able to put the pool up where it is and we were not allowed to dig down. We spent a *lot* of time, backbreaking work, and sweat (and some blisters), to make sure the fill was completely compact. There's 4" of hard packed soil and then two inches of equally hardpacked sand on top of that. We put this up late last August, used the pool maybe three times before closing it up. We had a pretty wet winter, a good period of snow, and then the typical Seattle rainy season. When I went to open the pool up we noted *zero* shift. :)

This years additions included a Solar Bear solar heating panel, some PVC work, solar edison lights over the entire pool, and I got the courage to install a Hayward skimmer.

Gratuitous build pic (August 2020):

pool0.jpg

Solar Panel:

Pool2.jpg

Some PVC:

Pool3.jpg

A skimmer:

skim1.jpg

Temp coming up:

skim3.jpg

Gratuitous night shot:

Pool1.jpg

good job on the prep work. how is the solar system doing?
Thanks!

I’m actually pleased with it overall for what it is. This morning (6am) the water temp read 71 - I run the pump from 6am until 3 and as of noon the water is at 77…not sure how much of that is the panel and how much is the solar cover but the combo of the two seems to be working well for a pool this size…we have a run of really nice weather coming for the next 10 days so I’m hoping we can get it up to 82 early next week ….:)

Reactions: Bosley
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.