Roswell GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I have the Taylor 1766 salt test. Has anyone ran across testing where it never turns from creamy to salmon? Ran the test twice. Quit after 25 drops the second time as I know my salt content is between 3200-3500 at the moment. Bad reagents? Which one is more likely to go bad? The r-0630 or r-0718? The kit is only 4 months old.

Derb,

I really doubt the test kit is bad... It is something you are doing... Do you have the speed-stir? If not it takes a lot of swirling...

I suspect you are using 25 ml of water instead of 10.

I have had my kit for several years, and it still works fine.

Not sure what else it could be... :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Speedstir yes. Crappola, I think I did use 25 ml. Must have been too much sun today.

Thanks Jim! (Read instructions.....read instructions......:hammer::hammer::hammer:)

If it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. I was running the full panel of tests in the hot South Texas sun (gotta get that CYA reading). Salt was my last one, and I was melting. I glanced at the instructions since I don’t run that one very often and saw “Fill the 25 ml tube ...”. The first time I abandoned the test and went and washed everything. The second time I ran it to completion at 40 drops, which multiplied out to an impossible number.

I came back into the air conditioning, got a glass of ice water, put my feet up, and read the directions again. “Fill the 25 ml tube to the 10 ml mark.”

Using the correct multiplier of 80 for the 25 ml sample, my test was right on target. I hope I’ll remember this the next time I run that infrequent test.

I am in wholehearted agreement with blaming it on the sun.

EXACTLY!!! When I went to try again knowing I had filled to 25 ml before after Jim mentioned it, imagine my shock when it said fill the 25 ml ..........
and then this time I managed to finish the rest of the sentence. .......to the 10 ml line. Of course the test came out salmon at exactly the 17th drop which puts me right where I knew it was. HOWEVER, to both our defenses, crappy wording by Taylor.

I’m going shift the blame to them now, haha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.