Not Sure Where to Start - Or What We Are Doing Wrong

Cool!
I would say the regents you have are likely sufficient to get you through this summer, but you definitely will need some more R0871.

I bought my kit last summer, but never used it because the water looked good all summer (confession time) - won't make that mistake again :hammer:

Will continue to ask for advice on this forum and read Pool School, to be sure we don't get in this mess again!

Po lets get some clarification.
What is the pressure when the filter is in recirculation mode?
What is the pressure with the filter in Filter mode?

Recirculate will have considerably less pressure than when in Filter.

Wow - seems like we might be back washing every 1/2 hour? Does that seem right?

We have a sand filter, not sure if it's DE, too?

69dcf17fa00607501cbdce0d42bd1def.jpg
eb0de9d5ab2a85097529fa26ea7b5ab2.jpg
1d0d79b2d25998f924d2e242c807ef5f.jpg

Pictures of the pool clarity and algae

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The reason I mention it, it because there will be no pressure rise if on Recirculation because is not going through the filter.
If you are filtering, then thats when you need to check your pressure rise, and backwash when it rises by 20%

I will check this tomorrow, honestly didn't pay attention to
The PSI when it was recirculating,.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice Pool! Well done!

THAT is a pretty pool!

Make sure to save the picture of the steps. Take a picture of they steps each day. THAT is where you will see the progress when things start to slow down.

Once the algae is killed you will be working on clearing it up.

Backwashing-do when your pressure goes up 20%. That could be as soon as 30 mins at first! Don't forget to turn it to rinse after the backwash. That puts the sand back where it belongs.

You are doing a wonderful job! It is nice to help someone willing to ask questions and learn!

Kim

Ok. Don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be, but we only have one pressure gauge and its on the sand filter sooo when it's on recirculating, it reads 0 psi.

FC This morning was 23, down from 28. Added the recommended bleach to get it back up to 24. Pool is looking better!! It's raining today, his much will that affect the process!

I know I keep saying thanks, but seriously, thanks!! I'm not as overwhelmed now.

Well, the gauge should read zero on recirculate ... so that is good ;)
Confirms that the gauge seems to be working correctly.

The rain should not have much if any impact on the process ... might help some since there is less sun to burn off the FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.