Not sure of how many gallons my pool is?

If you added 1.5 lbs of stabilizer three days ago, some of it is probably already showing up on your test result of 30. That amount of stablilzer should only increase CYA by 6 in your size pool anyway so I would expect that when it all does show in your test results you would be at or near 35 so SLAM target would be about 14 FC.

Scrobbyd said:
Okay guys,

Please don't scold me too badly because I think I have messed up!! I just read that I should not test water for at least a week after putting in stabilizer (must have overlooked this detail). On Tuesday, I put 1 1/2 pounds of stabilizer in 2 socks and put one in each skimmer (this was advised by the pool company that tested our water over the weekend).

So, I apologize if I have wasted your time by giving me instructions for fixing my water when I tested prematurely... Despite this oversight, should I still take steps to adjust pH?

It can take up to a week for cya to show up on a test, so the cya test may be inaccurate, however, it is perfectly fine to do the rest of the tests, undissolved cya will have no effect on them.

As you all recommended, I used the pool calculator... Not sure if used correctly, but the figures I came up with called for 7.25 gallons bleach. However, I only added 4 and a total of 2 gallons of MA. I will check pH an chlorine levels and post in the am to see what the next step is, and perhaps you guys can tell me if t pool is safe to swim in!

Here are my numbers today I wanted to give it a few days for the bleach and acid to settle. Here are the numbers for my test results as of today. The looks really clear but I don't think my test results look so good. What do you guys think? FC 1.5
CC 0
TA 130
CH 160
CYA Over 20
pH 8.2
CL 1
Br 2
Salt 3300

That was a week ago.
Have you not been testing and maintaining the water since then?
You may have to add acid every few days to stay in range.

What does the water look like? Did you ever do the OCLT to see if there is something growing in the water?
Do you need to SLAM or not?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.