Not Feeling Suction In My Strainer Grid for Intex Ultra XTR Pool

dansnqn2

Mar 20, 2020
virginia
Just purchased the Intex Ultra XTR 12x24 rectangular pool and I have a question about starting up. The pools pump/filter came with 2 strainer grids which also had screws to assemble on the sides. According to the directions this seemed optional so I went ahead and screwed them in each strainer grid. Once I filled the pool and turned on the pump everything is working like it should except I'm not feeling any suction coming from either of the strainer grids. Do you think the screws had anything to do with it or could it be something else? Any help is much appreciated!

You're not supposed to.

Do you feel strong flow out the return stream? If yes, the pump is getting plenty of water.

The dual intakes and those grates are designed to prevent possible entrapment. If you cover one, the other does all the flow. So no kid gets caught.
Thank you, that makes me feel so much better! Yes, I feel nice powerful flow from the return. Really appreciate the response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.