No water coming out of spa jets

AJB1234

Gold Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Newport Beach, CA
Hi TFP,

I've noticed that almost zero water is coming out of the spa returns when the omnilogic is set to "pool mode". The valve automatically changes to divert to the spa when in "spa mode". Is there any way to have it so some of the water goes to the spa and the pool simultaneously? Maybe the valve doesn't close all the way when in pool mode?

Thank you,

AJ

That's exactly what my pool is setup for. When the pool is in spa the valve is sitting at about 1/8 open just to allow the water to circulate from the spa to the pool. you can adjust as little or as much spillway be adjusting the valve. ( I got to figure out how to rig that valve so I can slow my spillway water a little bit, but thats another story...lol)l Just watch out if you keep your spa going it will aerate the water raising PH.

Hope this helps...look at that, already giving advice...
Curt

You can schedule Spillover/Spillway in your automation. Do it twice a day for 20-30 minutes. Then you do not have to run your spillover all the time which drives the pH up.

I was thinking the same. When the pool builder first setup the spa/pool valve, he took off the handle and then moved the valve (with the 1 or 2 switch), and when he got it to the "proper" spillway, he locked something mechanical inside the valve. So when the valve rotates to pool, the valve seems mechanically locked to the like 1/8 open to the spa. I can see the spillway option on my Easytouch, so I am thinking if I remove the mechanical lock, when in pool I can automatically adjust to get spillway, and then when I don't, it will close the valve??

You can adjust the cam in the actuator so the valve closes completely. See the Wiki for an explanation.

I was thinking the same. When the pool builder first setup the spa/pool valve, he took off the handle and then moved the valve (with the 1 or 2 switch), and when he got it to the "proper" spillway, he locked something mechanical inside the valve. So when the valve rotates to pool, the valve seems mechanically locked to the like 1/8 open to the spa. I can see the spillway option on my Easytouch, so I am thinking if I remove the mechanical lock, when in pool I can automatically adjust to get spillway, and then when I don't, it will close the valve??
This is what I'm looking for. I want the automatic valve to be 1/8 open to the spa at all times even when in pool mode.

How are most pools setup to run when the circulation pump is running to get filtered water to both the pool and the spa?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.