No TC or FC

NicolleM

Jul 2, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Just bought my house with a 20,000 gallon in ground SW pool. Just realized my swg was off today so I have 0 chlorine. All other levels are ok but water is a bit cloudy. I’ve already turned the swg on to super chlorinate. Should I do anything else? Still cloudy after 6 hours

Welcome to TFP! :wave: No chlorine and cloudiness is an indication you already have algae growing. In a 20K pool, you should add 1-2 gallons of liquid chlorine right away. The SWG will not resolve the problem. To remove algae for good, you need to follow the SLAM Process. For that, it requires a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. You must test your water with one of those kits. If you don't have one please make that a priority and post a full set of test results from one of those kits.

The link below is also a great place to start, Don't forget to update your signature. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.