no return water flow

ACW5297

Apr 7, 2020
Dayton, OH
Bought this house with the IG pool- was not used in 5 years- was winterized when it was shut down. I have replaced the pump, cleaned the sand in the sand filter, and partially drained pool water (due to needing to repair some cracks in the fiberglass walls) and since filled back up. It has 2 return ports, 1 skimmer, and 1 main drain in deep end of pool. I was about to start the SLAM process and turned on the new pump to ensure I had no leaks and everything was ready to go. now I have the following issues-
1- filter control Hayward SP712-4 handle is loose I am going to replace- should I replace the entire thing or just the top key part?
2- With filter in recirc no water coming out of 2 returns, if move filter to waste no water comes out of waste (water does come through to the return lines when I place on recirc I can see SWG getting filled up)
3- skimmer line not suctioning I think I have a clog (the previous owners planted a pine tree over the pool- its now cut down) how do I unclog? I'm I can't take the top of my multiport valve off- Im considering putting a garden hose in to see if I can get it cleared
4- how much water should I see in the pump through the clear lid- I see some but its not up to the lid

ideas? What else should I look at or replace?

1. Assuming you mean the multiport control lever. This could be the cause of issue #2 if the valve isn't working properly.
3. Could be a clog, could also be the multiport valve.
4. The filter basket should be full of water with no air bubbles.

Reactions: ACW5297
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.