No pump for 7 days

LeanneMarie

Jun 28, 2019
Minnetonka, MN
Hello- our pool is being installed tomorrow and they anticipate finishing. However, we can’t get an electrician here until 8/31, likely won’t finish electrical install until 9/4 or 9/5. We’ll have water in the pool starting tomorrow. Is this a disaster waiting to happen? Do we add chemicals even if the pump isn’t running? Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
Yes. If you can add some liquid stabilizer to get to 30 ppm CYA and then liquid chlorine to keep the FC in the target range of FC/CYA Levels. Use a brush or something to mix it in. Or, you can get a low price sump pump and put that in the pool (might want to put it in a bucket or something so it does not sit on the liner) with a short hose on the out put to push the water around.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: LeanneMarie
I added a gallon of chlorine and that got chlorine into correct range for a CYA of 30. I added a gallon of liquid stabilizer but I’m not sure I understand the CYA test. Is the water supposed to change color when I add the R-0013? I didn’t think it looked any different when I tested after I added the stabilizer than it did before. Can anyone advise?

I added a gallon of liquid stabilizer but I’m not sure I understand the CYA test. Is the water supposed to change color when I add the R-0013?

The CYA test is a visual test. No color change. Read the directions above.

One gallon of liquid stabilizer should have raised your CYA to 26 ppm in a 14000 gallon pool. So another gallon will raise it to 50 ppm. I would not add the additional gallon just yet as you are just starting. And your climate it is not necessary to run higher CYA levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.