FloridaPoolNewbie

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2021
Florida
Hello folks, it's been a while. The other day I noticed my filter showed zero PSI when I turned it on. I inspected the cartridge and it looked really worn out (I've neglected it over the past 6 months or so). Swapped out for a new cartridge and same thing. A few notes below and any guidance would be appreciated. My neighbor and fellow pool nerd thinks there is a blockage somewhere in the pipes.

-Zero PSI on the gauge
-Light outflow of water out of the jets
-Strainer basket is not filling up all the way (maybe 3/4)
-I've tried various valve configurations with all the same results, main drain on/off, vacuum, and skimmer all on/off.
-There is a light about of water dripping from the filter housing where the top seats (possibly a bad gasket?)
-There has been a lot of debris in the strainer basket lately between pollen strands and loads of bamboo leaves.

Last edited:
Check the impeller in your pump for debris or seeds clogging it.

Check the impeller in your pump for debris or seeds clogging it.

Can you guide me to a link for instructions? I assume I'm disconnecting the pump from power and opening it up?

What model pump are we discussing?

Post pics of your pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.