Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello ,
This place Is amazing, thank you so much guys.

So my situation is complicated since I had to fire my pool builder for criminal/scam reasons.
I had to hire Diferennt contractors in order to finish my pool project.

Besides the fact I found many leaks in the return lines (some unglued and some had holes in the pipes as I belive was done in purpose by the BAD PB.

The pb used only 1.5" pipes for MD , skimmers and return , assuming that's OK and my pool is clean all the time after running the pump at 2750 for 13 hours per day (I can go less).

Ao , another pool builder has built the raised spa , it was plumbed INSIDE with 1.5" line around and 6 jets (returns) to the spa with the smal nuzzle inside them , the nuzzle fit in the 2" pipe , I will try to upload a pic I found so maybe someone can advice me what to do.

I have x 3 1.5" pipes from/to the spa , 1 for the spa maim drain , 1 for air blower and 1 for the water.

The one connected to the air blower is the line with the loop inside the gunite.

So , my situation is simple , I'm not getting enough pressure in the jets .

I think the airline is also connected to the water and the water line is connected to the blower but im not sure.

When I run the spa empty I can see the jets shooting out but once the waterlever reach the return line I can barely feel the water in my hand.

I wonder if I should run a new line to the spa , I was thinking to run 2" to the main drain and 2" for the 6 returns , do you think that would be enough water coming back to the spa? Or I need a bigger pipe? Such as 2.5" for both main drain and spa returns in order to get good flow.

The equipment is not too far from the pool however , the spa is about 150' from the equipment including the air blower.

The pool and spa running on the same pump , VSF , when on spa mode it's 3100rpm while in pool mode it's 2500-2750.

Sand filter psi is 25+ when in spa mode and 18 to 20psi in pool mode 2500-2750

I'm also dealing with stupid tiny leak coming out from the skimmer , I belive i need to seal the area where the skimmer meets the pool wall but im focusing on the spa at this point .

I really appreciate any advice?

Also , any understanding not all spas require air blower but I didn't know that and I purchased one so it's installed 150' away from the spa.
I had to Install a valve to control the air because when I'm running it alot of water "jump" out of the spa , I belive its because the air is not shooting far enough because I have no water flow so the water is close to the wall of the spa and the air as well when mixed with the water it's "jumping" out on the coping (tracentine stone) and slide outside.

I hard the "loop inside the wall doesn't have to be connected to anything and can take the air from the atmosphere, as my understanding, good water flow through the jet nuzzle along with the air intake will creat the "bubble action" , so lets say I dont want to use the air blower and I will run new 2" lines , 1 for water 1 for main drain , what do I do with the pipe that is for the air and coming out under the spa , do I need to raise it ? Should I simply leave it on the deck ? Under the deck? Above the spa water level ? Idk if it's possible because it means i will have a pipe running from the bottom of the spa all the way up , pass the deck lol .

Any idea ?
Thank you so much
20210527_204544.jpg20210527_204548.jpg20210527_203947.jpg

The equipment is not too far from the pool however , the spa is about 150' from the equipment including the air blower.

The pool and spa running on the same pump , VSF , when on spa mode it's 3100rpm while in pool mode it's 2500-2750.
This, along with some other details about your build, will require the assistance of one of our hydraulics experts. Maybe @mas985 can help decipher this situation a bit.

I have x 3 1.5" pipes from/to the spa , 1 for the spa maim drain , 1 for air blower and 1 for the water.

1 1/2" pipe is way too small for that many spa jets. Pipe size should be at least 2.5" for all three lines. Hopefully it is possible to change out the pipe. Otherwise, about the only thing you can do to make it work is to reduce the orifice size of the spa jets. Do you know the orifice size of the jets?

Is the grade from the spa to the pump uphill or downhill?

Did the PB install a Hartford loop at the spa in the air line? If not, you may be able to do it close to the spa in the landscaping somewhere. This will help when clearing the air line of water.

Reactions: Texas Splash
1 1/2" pipe is way too small for that many spa jets. Pipe size should be at least 2.5" for all three lines. Hopefully it is possible to change out the pipe. Otherwise, about the only thing you can do to make it work is to reduce the orifice size of the spa jets. Do you know the orifice size of the jets?

Is the grade from the spa to the pump uphill or downhill?

Did the PB install a Hartford loop at the spa in the air line? If not, you may be able to do it close to the spa in the landscaping somewhere. This will help when clearing the air line of water.
Thank you very much for reply.
So the pool builder did install the loop ,
Today I ran a new 2” line for the return ONLY, I see little change but not a lot , I’m thinking about reducing the orifice and extend it little bit out , the question is if I use air blower why do I need to do the air on the landscaping ?
I really appreciate if you give me little bit more information about it , what I did is I plumbed new one 2” from the spa to the pad but I did not change the spa main drain , so I have 3 pipes there , one going from the spa to the main drain at 1.5” , one going from the pad to the spa to at 2” (water) and one going from the blower to the spa on 1.5” pipe as well.

I can clearly hear the blower is kinds choaking .
Any idea L

I really don’t want to run more lines that will make me break more concrete and I’m really tired of it lol .

thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.