No power to my EasyTouch

Bigdaddyo811

Apr 2, 2020
San Antonio, TX
I have a pentair EasyTouch 8.
Everything was working fine, now I have no power at the panel. I have checked the power at the main breaker and it is fine. I have tried flipping the breakers in the EasyTouch panel and still have no power. Is there a fuse? How would I troubleshoot this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big,

Show us a couple of pics of the inside of the panel showing all the breakers, relays and wiring and we can provide some better answers..

I modified your title so you might get some better answers...

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I checked power at the main panel. Fine

I checked power coming into this panel. Fine

I checked power at each of the blocks at the top. Fine (see pic)

still nothing on the screen

1.What are the little black fuse type things too right and how do you change them?

2. Is the board just bad then or how do I check?

thanks
DBF4E2B9-2C10-4589-BBD2-7085D86C901B.jpeg6AC2CEB1-D543-4AB8-8255-A1AE4BC736A9.jpeg6BBF0650-F7C1-48D9-8808-80061322FC5C.jpeg

Big,

Looks like you have lost the low voltage to make the card work...

It could be one of the 4 min-circuit breakers in the upper right side of the enclosure.. It would be the one marked electronics..

It could be you have lost power to the Primary side of the System transformer (the small one) . It appears to be wired for 240 volts Makes sure you measure between each input (L1 and L2) and not one side to ground and then the other side to ground, and adding the two together.. This can give a false reading.

I have recently seen two bad EasyTouch system transformers... Power transformers do not normally go bad, so two in last few months is concerning.. If you have 240 VAC going into the transformer, then you need to test the Secondary side voltages.. If you look at the main board you will see in the upper right of your pic a connector at J1.. You need to test between the pars of wires..

You should get 12 VAC between the Blue and Blue white pair
You should get 18 VAC between the Orange and Orange white pair
You should get 24 VAC between the Red and Red white pair.

Thanks,

Jim R.

How does one test and replace the 4 min-circuit breakers in the upper right side?

I cant find a video and they seem like switches, but I dont get it.

I will check voltage across the wires

Thanks

Big,

Looks like you have lost the low voltage to make the card work...

It could be one of the 4 min-circuit breakers in the upper right side of the enclosure.. It would be the one marked electronics..

It could be you have lost power to the Primary side of the System transformer (the small one) . It appears to be wired for 240 volts Makes sure you measure between each input (L1 and L2) and not one side to ground and then the other side to ground, and adding the two together.. This can give a false reading.

I have recently seen two bad EasyTouch system transformers... Power transformers do not normally go bad, so two in last few months is concerning.. If you have 240 VAC going into the transformer, then you need to test the Secondary side voltages.. If you look at the main board you will see in the upper right of your pic a connector at J1.. You need to test between the pars of wires..

You should get 12 VAC between the Blue and Blue white pair
You should get 18 VAC between the Orange and Orange white pair
You should get 24 VAC between the Red and Red white pair.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You can disconnect the mini breakers and just use an Ohmmeter.. Should read darn near zero ohms if good and an open of popped or bad.

I would also disconnect any actuator connectors, just to make sure they are not the problem.. (I doubt it)

Jim R.

How do you physically disconnect the mini breakers? There is a little switch type thing (black) on the front - what is that and is there a replacement mechanism?

One other data point: I have two regular plugs outside the panel that I plug LED waterfall lights into (they are conventional 110v type plugs). Those are not working as well. Where are those wired in and if it's just the low voltage not working, why woudl these not work either? (i.e. when I plug something else into those plugs they dont work)

Thanks

Last edited:
Big,

Could be some idiot wired the system transformer into the GFCI outlet.. Try pushing the reset button...

Could also be that you have just lost one phase of the 240 volts.. Test the lines coming into the EasyTouch between L1 an L2.. you should get 240 VAC.. Never test L1 to ground and then L2 to ground and add the two together..

The little circuit breakers have slip on connectors.. I have never taken one out, but I think you need to take the bracket out first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I appreciate the help.

Update:
I'm still confused.

1. The L1 - neutral reads 120v.
The L2 - neutral reads 120v
The L1-L2 reads 9V
Does that help?

2. When I read the Blue to Blue white etc I get the following (maybe I'm not doing it right? see pic. I am new to voltimeters)

I get
Blue/BlueWhite: 0.02
Orange/OW: 0.05
Red/RW: 0.09

3. How do I test the transformer? I cant find the wires going in and out - they seemed to be wrapped with some plastic type thing

Thanks
123599EC-7FAB-44F1-A4EB-32524F2F1DA3.jpeg

Big,

Did you reset the GFCI outlet on the side of the EasyTouch??

You will never get anything out of the transformer if L1 to L2 does not read 240 volts.. Start there first!!!

What do you have at the main power into the EasyTouch, L1 to L2???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Big,

At the very bottom of the EasyTouch's load center, where all the circuit breakers are, should be two input wires.. Connecting your house circuit breaker to your EasyTouch..

Test between these two inputs which are called L1 and L2... Tell me what you get.. Should be 240 VAC..

Jim R.

When I test with one of the voltimeter Black to L1 and the Red to L2 I get 9V
When I test with one of the voltimeter Black to L1 and the Red to neutral or green I get 120V
When I test with one of the voltimeter Black to L2 and the Red to neutral or green I get 120V

When I test across the black wire at the main house panel in the circuit breaker and neutral I get 120v

Big,

If you test between L1 and L2 and do not get 240, but testing L1 or L2 to neutral gives you 120 that means you have lost a phase..

Test across the two wires coming out of the house breaker and going to the EasyTouch. If you get anything other than 240 your breaker is bad... Or your whole house has lost a phase and I think that would be very obvious besides for pool stuff..

You can always test the input wires to your house breaker and ensure that you have 240 VAC there.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.