No pool experience

AGP_Novice

Apr 19, 2020
Central Florida
JUST bought a BIG above ground, 4500 gallon, pool! Biggest pool before that? 530 gallons. So, I don't want to get in over my head (pun intended).

It's the Intex 18ft X 9ft X 52in, that comes with a sand filter pump, but I've heard the pump is under-powered.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool.

I'd suggest you read Pool School and ask any questions you may have. Get a recommended test kit on order as soon as possible. You need it to do TFP method. Free pool store tests don't work for us. Did I mention we don't sell anything? Just experts and enthusiasts that want to help you get the method down. It's simple, cheap and works great since it's based on solid science. You won't .need anything to start other than chemicals you can buy dirt cheap at big box stores. Our advice is never conflicted to sell you something.

Good luck and let us know any questions you may have.

Chris

Surprisingly the Intex sand filters are pretty powerful, compared to the cartridge filters. It should work for that pool. The biggest issue is to follow the chemical recommendations here, and as long as you maintain the levels the filter will be fine.

Can you tell us which model you have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.