No panel display

Ed Oubre

Jun 2, 2020
Gretna, LA
Hello,

Recently I had a Aqua Rite Saltwater Generator failure. I found that the Thermister SL32, 2R025 had become completely unsoldered. I then purchased a replacement and had it soldered back into place. The circuit board was then reinstalled and rewired. At that point the 230V breaker was turned on and immediately the transformer blew and fried. I later discovered that I had 2 of the 4 colored wires installed on the incorrect terminals. So I purchased a replacement transformer and installed it replacing the burned out one. After turning the power back on I had no display at all of any kind. I checked the fuse as well as the power connections and both were fine. I to have some other problem and need support in getting it operational again. I may need a replacement circuit board as I did notice a burned area at the bottom of the circuit board and lower left retaining screw. It could have shorted out there and damaged the circuit board. It is a 20K pool and was converted to Goldline Controls Inc. in 2006. Would appreciate very much some help in getting the right control board for my pool at a reasonable cost as my pool water is going green.

Thanks

No offense but it's hard to guess. You did not post a picture of your controller board and/or mention the Software Rev.
Assuming you have Software r1.5x or later, the correct replacement board is GLX-PCB-RITE. Do yourself a favor, get the replacement board with software r1.59.
Overvoltage toast your controller bd. You can probably fix it if you have a voltmeter and some soldering skills. I cannot show you exactly where to measure for voltages until you post a picture of your controller bd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.