No longer the pool girl...

poolgirl22

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2010
Stephens City, VA
Hey there TFP friends...
I wanted to take an opportunity to let you know there's been some significant changes in our lives. My husband has been given a fantastic job opportunity which is taking us away from Indiana to the beautiful state of Virginia.

The house sold in 2 days. We close toward the end of October in Indiana, and a few days later in VA. It has been a whirlwind of planning and getting things ready on the house so I've not been around here much the past couple months.

I won't be able to have a pool at our new home, but it isn't our 'forever' home anyway, just a stepping stone. The other benefits outweigh that negative..for now at least! I plan to refer the new owners of our current home to this website and I'm sure you'll all be able to help them out if they ask.

I'll pop in from time to time and say hello. This is a fantastic forum and I was so happy with how much easier it was to take care of the pool this year as compared to past years. I truly enjoyed it and I'm glad I had a great year to go out on. I just hope the new owners have as many memories created as we have.

Thanks for everything!
Chris

Thanks! As luck would have it I got just one more day of drama with the pool..my pool guys came a day early...of course today was my chem prep and LQ cleanout! I had already gotten most of the LQ drained, but still had to do the acid wash for the white stuff, etc...

I sent them away to another job then they're coming back. Thankfully it was all balanced and just needed chlorine added.

I am getting a little teary though... :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
lol...I am leaving it here for the new owners. I know where to find tftestkits!

I just got done getting the third degree from the pool guys...

You're using bleach!!!! You know what that will do to your pool??? OMG!!!

Yes, I do. And it's 6% sodium hypochlorite, just 4% less strength than the pool chlorine y'all have in your store. I use that too, only I get it half the price at Rural King.

But its Bleach!!!

Yah, and I never had the first speck of green, no cloudiness at all, and no one got swimmers ear this year so, I know what I'm doing. Thanks for your concern... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

poolgirl22 said:
Hey there TFP friends...
I wanted to take an opportunity to let you know there's been some significant changes in our lives. My husband has been given a fantastic job opportunity which is taking us away from Indiana to the beautiful state of Virginia.

The house sold in 2 days. We close toward the end of October in Indiana, and a few days later in VA. It has been a whirlwind of planning and getting things ready on the house so I've not been around here much the past couple months.

I won't be able to have a pool at our new home, but it isn't our 'forever' home anyway, just a stepping stone. The other benefits outweigh that negative..for now at least! I plan to refer the new owners of our current home to this website and I'm sure you'll all be able to help them out if they ask.

I'll pop in from time to time and say hello. This is a fantastic forum and I was so happy with how much easier it was to take care of the pool this year as compared to past years. I truly enjoyed it and I'm glad I had a great year to go out on. I just hope the new owners have as many memories created as we have.

Thanks for everything!
Chris

Pool Girl...what a bummer...the state is losing a spectacular Hoosier. hope you guys get a home with a pool...Now that you have all this knowledge...you can't let it go to waste. Have fun with the new home...It is great that your house sold so quickly...up north here...homes are on market for 120 days or more. I have a buddy who put his house on the market in May and they still haven't sold...

Aw! We would miss you too much if you don't at least stop by The Coffee Bar once you are settled and let us know how you are doing.

Definitely refer the new owners, and tell them to cut and paste your pool stats so we will know it is them with your pool.

Good luck with everything!

Lana

cubbybeave08 said:
Pool Girl...what a bummer...the state is losing a spectacular Hoosier. hope you guys get a home with a pool...Now that you have all this knowledge...you can't let it go to waste. Have fun with the new home...It is great that your house sold so quickly...up north here...homes are on market for 120 days or more. I have a buddy who put his house on the market in May and they still haven't sold...

We were very fortunate with our house sale, thanks beave...and I'll always be a Hoosier. VA has no idea what they are in for!!! I was born and raised here and it's on my birth certificate to be a Notre Dame fan no matter what...

Unfortunately the house we are getting neither has room for a pool or will the covenants allow it...we had to sacrifice freedom to do that kind of thing for now in favor of an established, newer, well maintained neighborhood for the sake of our daughter making a good adjustment and resale in 5-10 years. We are really looking forward to designing a really unique outdoor entertaining space in spite of no pool. The house is brand new so it's a blank slate in that manner. The neighborhood seems to lend itself to patio gatherings among neighbors and our spirit of entertaining will be there whether the cement pond is the focus or the outside chimney.

And if that fails, we can rent the neighborhood community center for cheap...lol.

Hello friends...
Just checking in. It's been two weeks since I came to VA permanently. It is so beautiful here. So far the biggest decision I've had to make is which lowe's to go to...

We closed on the Indiana house last week. I had a few moments of sadness that it was all truly gone...and now I'm ok with it all...

We are getting settled in our brand new home pretty well. I will tell anyone that builds a house..to build in some cash for the extras like a water softener, fencing, blinds, furniture and the numerous trips to lowes, walmart, home depot, target, etc...yikes!!!

We're all doing well. Hubby has adjusted to work fine. Daughter likes school and the neighborhood, and I'm just enjoying it all...

Hope you all are doing well.... :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.