No chlorine

Yonate

May 24, 2019
Michigan
Hey all. I’m a newbie here. I have a Hayward swg t9 and I’m not generating any chlorine. Nothing appears to be wrong on the aquarite. I had a new in the box T9 cell as a spare and put that on and still no chlorine. Pool temp is 82 amps good voltage good all lights green just no chlorine. Ideas? Thank you.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: So you've gone through two cells and still seem to show no FC? I would answer the following:
1 - How are you testing your water AND salt?
2 - What is your current salt level?
3 - How does your water look, and what are your regular test levels?
4 - What is your water temp?

Don't forget to update your signature. :)

I see a few possibilities based on your reply. Either you are extremely unlucky with two SWGs, or ........
- Your test strips and control are not accurate
- You have algae which seems certain. In addition, if your salt is a bit low it cannot produce and maintain the FC required to overcome the algae.

This is where it would really help us to see a full set of water results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. But with algae, your SWG will never keep up. YOu'll eventually need to perform a SLAM Process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.