No chlorine but looks artificially blue.

Timujin

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 25, 2019
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Day one of startup, pool water was turquoise and looked true. Week two my wife says the pool startup guy added what looked like dishwashing liquid to the water. When I brushed the pool the next day I noticed the water was blue, but the chemistry had not changed. Today I am home and saw pool guy add this blue stuff into the pool. There is no chlorine in the water. Any ideas on this blue magic?

day 1
D21A71F0-1493-4F4C-A995-14BF2D3C9D7B.jpeg
After pool guy added blue substance the first time.
3AF40526-A25B-44FC-B165-14F181EF1F2C.jpeg
Today
B5CC4A11-2E05-44E0-A2CA-04F072262DCF.jpeg

Huh. No clue? The bottle isn't even labeled it appears (bad chemistry practice that!), Do they leave a bill with anything listed on it?

Pools are often slightly green tinted when first filled, then turn to their intended (hoped for!) color in days. What color is it that you intended and what color is your plaster?

Why isn't there chlorine in the water???? :oops:

Maddie :flower:

This is just a guess, but I would guess clarifier. My brother in-law has his concrete pool taken care of by a local pool company and they add clarifier from a squeeze bottle like that. Apparently they purchase in bulk and dispense as needed and it is blue and does look like dish washing liquid. Next time they are out there go ask what it is.

Reactions: Timujin
Huh. No clue? The bottle isn't even labeled it appears (bad chemistry practice that!), Do they leave a bill with anything listed on it?

Pools are often slightly green tinted when first filled, then turn to their intended (hoped for!) color in days. What color is it that you intended and what color is your plaster?

Why isn't there chlorine in the water???? :oops:

Maddie :flower:

No bill as this is part of PB startup.

Plaster color should be more turquoise than blue.

FC measurements have been 0-1. The salt water system isn't active yet as the pool is new. We aren't swimming yet.

This is just a guess, but I would guess clarifier. My brother in-law has his concrete pool taken care of by a local pool company and they add clarifier from a squeeze bottle like that. Apparently they purchase in bulk and dispense as needed and it is blue and does look like dish washing liquid. Next time they are out there go ask what it is.

I found some of this clarifier on Amazon. Looks like the same stuff. Thank you.

Robot MX6 added to pool yesterday. 20 bags of salt are on hand and I will purchase liquid chlorine, baking soda and muriatic acid. The real fun starts next week when I start adding salt, activate chlorinator and test all parameters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.