No bubbles in spa

Rick Irons

Aug 23, 2020
SO CAL
I recently had a leak and lost 1/3 of the water from the pool and spa. After repairing the 2 breaks - one in the venturi / air pipe for the spa and one in the spa return, I filled the spa back up by turning the valves to send water from the pool to the spa. My spa was working fine.

Later, I turned the valves to the usually position - pool suction, pool return (which includes a return in the spa) and the next time I went to use the spa - NOTHING!. I could feel some water coming out of the jets but no bubbles. It sounded like the air pipe was trying to suck air for a bit but couldn't. Any ideas?
I've read the other posts about air lock and using a shop vac blower to blow out the jets through the air pipe. Here's the bigger question. When I lowered the water in the spa again, below the jets, it worked when I filled it back up. But after I turn the suction to the skimmer and try to use the spa again - it doesn't work. Is the pool somehow filling up the air pipe with water so it can't suck air? And how can I prevent this?

Why do you have the pool return ON when using the spa?

When using the spa have all the return water go to the spa.

Where is the suction set to when using the spa?

Post pics of your equipment pad and valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.