No bubbles coming from spa jets

rdbrad

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
Murrieta, CA
I have an in ground 25,000 gal pool and spa, built in the 80's, recently remodeled (plaster and tile). Lately the spa jets are not blowing out bubbles. There are 4 jets and one is sucking water. I hooked a shop vac to the vent and blew air through and all jets showed bubbles. What would make one of the jets suck?

One or more the jet orfices are probably blocked. Try draining the spa into pool just below the jet fittings, then put in spa mode and check each jet for good flow. I'm assuming everything is ok with pump and filter pressure is in normal range

Usually what I would do is drain spa just below seat so I can easily get in spa and look in the line. Sometimes you need to remove the jet orfice and usually they have a hex head where you can remove with a socket and extension. Most have tabs on each side and a quarter turn will release it and you can pull out. While it is out run spa jets to flush out pipe

Usually what I would do is drain spa just below seat so I can easily get in spa and look in the line. Sometimes you need to remove the jet orfice and usually they have a hex head where you can remove with a socket and extension. Most have tabs on each side and a quarter turn will release it and you can pull out. While it is out run spa jets to flush out pipe
I did that and didn't find anything inside. It seems odd that it's the third jet of four. I know a little about plumbing. Would they just "tee" from jet to jet? If so, how would it clog?

If you removed the jet orfice you can see how small the opening is. It doesn't take much to block one or more. It depends on the plumber as to how they set the jets. Some plumb in series others will use a manifold and loop them

Can you take a picture of the of the opening and maybe up the pipe into the jet? I just want to make sure were talking about the size of the nozzle
Thanks again for your help. I will take a picture, but I have a different issue right now. After testing the water I was told to add 2 lbs. of PH up. The pool got very cloudy and I cleaned a pasty white substance off the cartridge filter a couple of days after and, now, after about 6 days, it looks like it'll need to be cleaned again. Also have a coat of powder on the bottom of the pool. It's clearing up very slowly. I'm supposed to add conditioner but waiting for it to clear up. Tested today and it says it needs another .5 lbs of PH up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.