No Bleach around means times to convert to SWG!

May 4, 2017
Austin Texas
Ok, I am out of bleach, season is upon us, kids are locked up and.... the list can go on!

Suggestions on where to start and what is the best for the overall money spent? understood everyone will have their opinions so not attempting to start a deep conversation.

Reactions: TimTucker
Lots of threads on this right now. Take a look in this sub forum --

For stand alone, non-automation systems Circupool or Hayward are known quality systems. What pool pump do you have (please add to signature)?

Ok. So you need to decide if you want to add automation (Intellicenter) now with a SWCG or not. Without automation you will need a timer for your SWCG.

Marty - thank you again. I am picking up pretty quickly.

I have a timer now that the VS is plugged into however the timer runs 7x24 and I allow the Pentair to run the integrated timer. I could split the power in from the timer giving a dedicated line to the Pentair and use the timer for the SWG but that may not be necessary if I go with some sort of automation I am just removing existing timer and replacing with controller which gives me more bang for the buck!

So, now that you have twisted my arm and forced me to go full automation.. here are the specs.

I have a waterfall on/off valve and/or a water feature (three valve bubblier) on/off valve which hardly ever used. Single body of water and no heater. The entire house is a smart home and it would be great to have the pool added to but at what cost? There are so many configuration of units I am at a lose in which to purchase. I have the skills to self install but can I purchase what I need?

Pentair automation, as you have an Intelliflo, is the way to go for automation. If you buy and install the Intellicenter with SWCG your self, you get limited warranties, if that is a concern.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I can't find salt right now, so I can't find bleach or salt!

Diamond Crystal softener salt (granules not pellets) works just fine. Pool store salt is just a more expensive version of that. Most hardware stores and grocery stores stock softener salt.

Reactions: RyanMcC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.