Gouge

Jul 6, 2019
Jonesborough, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Firat let me start by saying. This is my first and last pool build!!! I will NEVER DIY another pool.

We now have it up and the liner installed. After weeks of ground prep and the wall falling down not once but twice. And not to mention it is now the hottest part of the summer and after 12 noon it’s too hot to work until 7 in the evening.

Now my current problem is we r trying to vacuum the liner to get in Place before we add water. It seemed really tight with tons of air between the liner and wall. I watched several videos and read several articles and have done exactly what everyone shows. But our liner won’t move. HELP!!! I am desperate to get this in so my son (who has autism, and sits outside and looks longingly into it everyday) can swim.

Any chance you have a couple pics to show? I assume this was a kit, so the liner and walls were all ordered as a package?

We hung our liner in October, and it was warm, but definitely not hot. We laid the liner out and let it warm up for a while to get a little more stretchy and workable.

The nightmare continues. Tonight. I decided that there may Be places that the suction could be broken at the bottom
Cove (we went with the foam stick down one). And the last time the wall fell it moved it. And with all the hot weather the self sticking glue came loose. So it needed to be reglued. And also the floor foam had moved and was not in the right place. So we have now completely taken the liner down and it is laying in the middle of the pool so in the am. I will glue the cove and reposition the floor and hopefully then the vacuum will work and we can get this thing filled. My hubby is a very good general contractor. We have built houses. Remodeled houses. Taken out walls. Even taken entire corners off of a house and rebuild with no problems. This pool. Has been the hardest thing we have ever done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.