Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello again everyone!

I'm deep into my DIY Reno and have a quick question for the experts concerning my CMP/Brilliant wonders niche less 1.5" LED lights. With the propensity of LED lights failing over time for heat related/leak issues due to: 1. LEDs overheating and burn out. 2. Potentially drawing water into the LED body during "Heat up" and "Cool down" cycles as the light is powered on/off. 3. Improper winterization resulting in cracked LED body.

Typical installation of these lights utilizes a standard external 1.5" wall fitting and 12" length (min.) of 1.5" pipe that transition down to 3/4" or 1" for the wire run.
The lights are niche less but not necessarily a dry install.

Question: Do you think it would be advantageous to install an internal 1.5" wall fitting and 12" length (or longer) of 2" pipe (vice 1.5") to provide a better heat sink? Or am I fretting over something and complicating this install for a non-issue?

Photos of the Demo.
Looking E.PNG Looking W.PNG Old Spa 1.PNG

Thank you all for the help! Jeff

Thank you Allen. I tend to overthink things sometimes and thought I was running down a Rabbit Hole. I even did some heat sink calculations based on the volume of water inside the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.