Niche conduit possibly crushed or broken by tree root

Nov 22, 2020
Leander Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a bit of a problem that will almost certainly be very expensive but I need to know the best way to go about it.

I have a very large late 80s pool with a diving board at one end. It also has the only light in the pool. Its very old and definitely needs updating, the plaster needs redoing etc. From the get go I replaced an old mechanical color wheel Amerlite unit that stopped functioning. It was very very difficult. Getting the old cord out while pulling a new one was a nightmare taking several very strong people working it from inside the pool and outside. There seemed to be a good amount of dirt coming from the niche as well, but it was open at the top for a while so I figured ant dirt possibly. The digital unit I replaced the Amerlite with however failed only 2 years later. The company did honor their warranty and send me a new one, however now this cable is just not moving at all and the dirt seems to keep falling out of the niche. What are my options? The niche line is under runs 4 foot under concrete deck.

I have a bit of a problem that will almost certainly be very expensive but I need to know the best way to go about it.

I have a very large late 80s pool with a diving board at one end. It also has the only light in the pool. Its very old and definitely needs updating, the plaster needs redoing etc. From the get go I replaced an old mechanical color wheel Amerlite unit that stopped functioning. It was very very difficult. Getting the old cord out while pulling a new one was a nightmare taking several very strong people working it from inside the pool and outside. There seemed to be a good amount of dirt coming from the niche as well, but it was open at the top for a while so I figured ant dirt possibly. The digital unit I replaced the Amerlite with however failed only 2 years later. The company did honor their warranty and send me a new one, however now this cable is just not moving at all and the dirt seems to keep falling out of the niche. What are my options? The niche line is under runs 4 foot under concrete deck.
Most likely the solution involves a concrete saw and new conduit.