Ng heater recommendation

Jul 28, 2014
Manhawkin/ NJ
Hi I'm looking at the raypak 336 cupro nickel heater. My pool is about 15000 gallons and salt water, does this seem like a good choice? I'm also installing some solar panels but want to be able to extend my season and swim on the cloudy days as well.

Yes, all the smart heater people around here recommend Raypak gas heaters hands down. I've got solar and a heat pump. It is great to have both options and even better to have a warm pool! :thumleft:

I have a similar sized pool and just recently replaced an old broken laars lite2 250k btu heater
with the RayPak 266k btu heater. You could probably do just fine with the 266k btu if you wanted
to save a thousand bucks. Have you confirmed your gas line and meter can handle the 336k btu?

It heats my water about 2 degrees per hour.

The resident gas heater expert Paul has often recommended to not waste money on the cupro nickel
exchanger option. It just doesn't make any kind of difference really.

I love my Raypak 336k. I have a larger pool and it get around a degree an hour depending on the sun, temp, wind and humidity. The cloudy=slower (no brainer), colder temp=slower, lower humidity=slower due to evaporation, windy=slower due to evaporation.

I just bought the 336 this morning. Save a thousand dollars? It was only 200 more then the 266 I paid 1759. Gas company is coming out Tuesday to install a new meter. I'm going to run 1 1/4 inch gas pipe to the heater. It is about 65 foot run right through my crawl space, so no trenching.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.