newly poured coping done incorrectly, coating solutions?

Fennelfrond

Mar 27, 2022
Parker, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My PB poured concrete coping (it was supposed to be pavers.) It looks awful. There is aggregate showing on the edeges that is crumbling, the "bullnose" is rough with form imprints and the joints were cut instead of trowled and are razor sharp, uneven and already chipping. His solution is some kind of epoxy coating. I would love some advise, what do you think would work? Thank you!

Welcome to TFP :)

Was it in writing for pavers? If so what happened? I would have them chip out the concrete and install the agreed upon pavers... If you get Kool-Deck it will need to be redone in 5 to 10 years at your expanse and every 5 to 10 years after that and so on.. Any kind of coating will have to be redone at your expense... Pavers do not need redone nor reinstalled after the fact..

Welcome to TFP :)

Was it in writing for pavers? If so what happened? I would have them chip out the concrete and install the agreed upon pavers... If you get Kool-Deck it will need to be redone in 5 to 10 years at your expanse and every 5 to 10 years after that and so on.. Any kind of coating will have to be redone at your expense... Pavers do not need redone nor reinstalled after the fact..
Yes, contract said pavers at $32.50 LF. He poured conctete ($11.26 SF) without telling us or ammending the contract. I would ask for a re-do but we are already 300+ days into this build and I really would just like it done.

Have them tear it out and start over... I know you want it done but you also want it done right and what you wanted... Do not let them get away with it because they will walk all over you.. They are hoping you just accept it because it is easier for them..

Unless you keep what is there for no charge or half charge... So for 6 dollars a square foot you will keep it and they will paint with Kool-deck.. Or you will pay the 11.26 sq ft with the next 30 years of Kool-deck on them in writing.. :)

make them choose what option they want to do... tear out or Kool-deck for 30 years..

Have them tear it out and start over... I know you want it done but you also want it done right and what you wanted... Do not let them get away with it because they will walk all over you.. They are hoping you just accept it because it is easier for them..

Unless you keep what is there for no charge or half charge... So for 6 dollars a square foot you will keep it and they will paint with Kool-deck.. Or you will pay the 11.26 sq ft with the next 30 years of Kool-deck on them in writing.. :)

make them choose what option they want to do... tear out or Kool-deck for 30 years..
All excellent points, thank you.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.