newby with new concrete pool and taylor k2006c kit, now what?

FIESTA62

May 31, 2020
BEACON HILL 2100 NSW
hi, just an update on the brushing of pool, i contacted the importer and owner of the company SKYPEBBLE, i asked him about brushing pool after pebblecrete is installed, he said it is absoloutly not needed, he said if i want maybe 2 or 3 day tops but he said thats being generous, after a day or 2 its set and nothing will be brushable , i mentioned about dust going into chlorinator and all that, he said its not going to happen, so thats the news on this product, Skypebble®

FIESTA62

May 31, 2020
BEACON HILL 2100 NSW
and update on my info from skypebble, seems he has it all wrong, i been brushing for about 1 month and its just getting to the point where i see no dust coming off, so it did need brushing,

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I was just about to answer #41 then read #42. We see this all the time, PB and manufacturer instructions at odds, with each others and common sense, and with what we've learned here. It's near impossible for us first-timers to sort out. You gathered opinions and did the best you could and it sounds like it's worked out. The other wrench in the works is the installer, his crew, and their competency. Or how much they partied the night before. Who knows. Huge variable. The manufacturer might have been right from his point of view, his product, but maybe the installer didn't do his job 100% correctly, and the extra loose plaster (the dust) was the result. Whaddayagonnado?

So how's it look? Where are the pic's??!!

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
I read #41 and was scratching my head, thinking, " Well, that doesn't make sense" Then I read #42.

Time after time after time, This forum finds way too many instances of ignorant and careless "professionals" who are paid to be accurate in their knowledge and they simply are not. Pool Store employees (and often owners) are perhaps the worst example.

I hope all of you that post offering advice on this forum will take that lesson to heart. I believe us to be the premier source of everyday pool knowledge anywhere on the net (or perhaps in the world) It is imperative that EVERY word of advice we post reflect just how good we are.

No Gobbledygook - don't make your advice complicated. Teach to the level of the student.
No "made up" premise that you think "might" be right
Keep your words precise and comprehensible. Folks come here not to find who can dazzle them with complexities and abbreviations but to get advice that, as rookies, they can understand.
If you have no knowledge of a subject, don't speculate wildly or parrot something back that you read somewhere (even here).......just don't post unless you can help with authority.
Don't post outliers and exceptions as if they are commonplace

I know this is mostly a hi-jack but I want everyone here to understand the importance of clear and accurate advice. The simplest answer if usually the very best.

Last edited:

FIESTA62

May 31, 2020
BEACON HILL 2100 NSW
I read #41 and was scratching my head, thinking, " Well, that doesn't make sense" Then I read #42.

Time after time after time, This forum finds way too many instances of ignorant and careless "professionals" who are paid to be accurate in their knowledge and they simply are not. Pool Store employees (and often owners) are perhaps the worst example.

I hope all of you that post offering advice on this forum will take that lesson to heart. I believe us to be the premier source of everyday pool knowledge anywhere on the net (or perhaps in the world) It is imperative that EVERY word of advice we post reflect just how good we are.

No Gobbledygook
No "made up" premise that you think "might" be right
Keep your words precise and comprehensible. Folks come here not to find who can dazzle them with complexities and abbreviations but to get advice that, as rookies, they can understand.

I know this is mostly a hi-jack but I want everyone here to understand the importance of clear and accurate advice.
well said, i was in my local pool shop and asked advice, his advice was very confusing and did not sound right, i then mention i am looking at the TFP site, he had no idea, never heard of TFP and he is the owner of a major pool shop, i figure anyone who is active in the pool business would know of the better pool web sites,
then weeks later after i got told by a TFP member about the whale brush ( sore back scrubbing pool sides ) i went down to the same store , same guy, and he has never heard of the whale brush....and really this is a huge warehouse style pool shop and he owns it.....but asleep at the wheel...

i feel very lucky i found TFP and all you helpful guys....

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.