Bazookajd

Jun 18, 2019
Buffalo
Hello everyone im new to the forum. I have a inground pool water is crystal clear , everything running good. Only issue i have is that a dark/ brown sandy substance keeps collecting underneath my pool jets and settling on pool bottom. I use a filter cartridge by hayward. I vacuum pool to waste, clean cartridge. But the sand substance continues to collect under the pool jets on bottom. How can i get this stuff gone? Thx sorry for long post.

welcome to the forum...
can you pick the sand up and get it between your fingers or does it just go poof and disappear ?
No it disappears
Those waterborne dust bunnies are dead algae that is clumping.

Kill all the live algae and vacuum it up and you won't have any more dead algae. But if you keep just enough chlorine in there to kill some but not all, you get a neverending supply of dead algae. It reproduces as fast as you kill it.

We can walk you through this. Let us start with some test results. If one of us were there, first thing we'd do is test the water. But we're not, so you'll have to do it for us.

How come when the filter cartridge isnt in filter i dont see brown dirt at bottom of pool? I ran the filter without the cartridge in it. Just to test. Im new to testing the pool. I took water to pool store and they said alkalinity is low and Ph is 7.6. Sorry im very new to all this. My pool looks great. Just the dirt at bottom.

How come when the filter cartridge isnt in filter i dont see brown dirt at bottom of pool? I ran the filter without the cartridge in it. Just to test. Im new to testing the pool. I took water to pool store and they said alkalinity is low and Ph is 7.6. Sorry im very new to all this. My pool looks great. Just the dirt at bottom.
I also can pick dirt up with fingers. Feels sandy

In your other thread you said the material 'poofs' away. If it is dirt, you can easily sweep it and vac it up.

No idea on the coincidence on the filter. Be sure the filters are properly seated when installed.

Can you fill out a signature. Helps us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.