Newbie with TFP - Test results

2867de0d49aec5b71f2d5e8080884932.jpg

I assume this is 8.25 bleach in pool math?

I don't see 7.86, but shouldn't that be it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use 8.25%
Sorry, did you see my picture? It was from a label of bleach.

Ok... so I added 2 gallons of 8.25% bleach to my pool. I waited 30 minutes and tested again. 52 drops = 26ppm TC.

Based on pool math going from 1 ppm to 26ppm means my pool is about 6500 gallons.

Is it OK to reverse engineer the size of my pool based on dosing and updated parameters?

Yes I saw the picture.
No I would not use that method to determine your pool size after one test. The bleach could very well be a little stronger if it is new.
You can get a feel for the pool size if you are consistently high or low on your dosages ... but it is more of a general trend and not a 1-time test.

What are the dimensions of your pool? Have you posted a picture?

Since TA has such a big influence on pH wouldn't the first step be to get TA right? Seems it would be easier to manage pH once TA is correct.

The pH will fluctuate less on the rise once it is lower, yes. However, it's much more difficult (near impossible) to target a certain pH strictly through manipulation of TA, so that should not be your objective. If you try managing the chemistry this way, you will wind up on a roller coaster ride and you'll be out of pH range more than not. The pH itself is what you care more about, and the TA is always going to change with makeup water, and how much depends on it's TA level. I know you realize this point, just thinking out loud. A lot of usuers new to any water chemistry management gravitate to laser focus on TA and lose sight of the other important parameters. Ultimately, the TA is not critical to overall pool management, but it plays an important role.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.