Newbie with 1st pool

Jul 11, 2017
Minnesota
Just purchased a 25ft above pool that came with a house. Hoping to learn how to maintain it, keep it in a pristine shape. I have to admit that a pool does scare me. I have read many articles since buying that house last week. Hard to tell exactly how to go about it.

How do most of you all do it? Is there daily, weekly, monthly checks and balances? The last owners did leave the products they used in a shed. Will have to figure out when to use, how much...

Hoping everyone on here will guide me to be a successful pool owner.

Living in Minnesota...

Thanks

LeRoy

You have come to the right place. I posted almost the exact same sentiment as you when I stumbled upon this website 5 years ago - was scared, not sure how to care for it, and was strongly considering just taking the pool down - new house was daunting enough! In our 6th swimming season, it is now the focal point of our backyard and I can't imagine ever living without a pool!

Thanks to this site, maintenance has been easy and inexpensive (I spent $1200 in the first 2 weeks with the pool, not knowing what I was doing, now I may spend $300 for an entire season).

I learned by just reading this forum regularly the first few years and now I fancy myself as an expert. You need to do some reading in pool school (button in upper right corner), and order one of the recommended test kits. It will all sink in, just ask questions on the forum and we will help you along.

And Welcome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.